Home

The OS All-Pro slider project

This is a discussion on The OS All-Pro slider project within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2004, 03:53 PM   #177
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: The OS All-Pro slider project

What about simmed stats with these sliders? The current sliders I'm using don't feel bad, but I'm noticing RB's getting 150+ rushing games and QB's with 65+ completion percentages in my simmed games. Anyway to control this?
Old 10-13-2004, 12:07 PM   #178
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkerots
What about simmed stats with these sliders? The current sliders I'm using don't feel bad, but I'm noticing RB's getting 150+ rushing games and QB's with 65+ completion percentages in my simmed games. Anyway to control this?
I guess QB's never complete 65% and RB's never rush for 150+ anymore. Must be something that needs to be controlled.

LMFAO.
Old 10-14-2004, 04:02 PM   #179
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjackson
I guess QB's never complete 65% and RB's never rush for 150+ anymore. Must be something that needs to be controlled.

LMFAO.

Maybe I should've been more specific. Rex Grossman just had completion percentages of 78, 65, 82, and 77 in his first four games. I think that's a bit excessive. Portis had rushing yards of 170, 245, 210, and 188 in his first four games. THAT needs to be controlled. I guess the question would be, do sliders affect simmed games.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:46 PM   #180
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Nope the sliders don`t affect simms games.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:22 AM   #181
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Alright, here is what we have so far:

All-Pro
12 Minutes Acc.
September 10th roster update (May make a difference, just to keep it an even test)

Sliders listed as Human/CPU from far left

QB Accuracy - 10/10
Pass Blocking - 10/10
WR Catching - 10/10
RB Ability - 10/10
Run Blocking - 10/11 (This is to accomodate a human player with better reaction time on defense)

Defensive Awareness - 5/5 (This started at 0/0, and gets knocked up one notch per test phase. The two things to watch for are LB reaction time on runs, and DB reaction time on WR Cuts and the QB Release Point. At default, the LB's attack the run, whether they are in zone or man, about three steps before the QB gives the ball to the RB, and about one step before he sticks his arm out to extend the ball for the hand-off. At 0, they seem to wait until after the RB takes one step with the ball, which may be a tad late sometimes. The DB's, when the slider is at 0, cut well too late after the WR makes a cut on a route, and are also a little slow to react to a QB throw.)
Knockdowns - 10/10
Interceptions - 10/10
Break Block - 10/10
Tackling - 10/10

Kickoff Length - 10/10
FG Accuracy - 10/10
FG Length - 10/10
Punt Accuracy - 10/10
Punt Length - 10/10

Notice a pattern there? All-Pro with the sliders at 10 is an accurate representation of the players true ratings. Now, here is where the AI comes in. The AI this year has been jacked on defense, this we all know. BUT, the only thing affected is defensive awareness. They can jet pack, swat down passes, and tackle all they want, but reaction time is the key. From my groups tests, Awareness = Reaction Time (duh). DEFENSIVE AWARENESS IS THE ONLY SLIDER THAT SHOULD BE TWEAKED AT THIS TIME! When we feel that that is in place, VERY minor tweaking could be done at a later time to help some CPU AI issues (possibly RB Ability raise in conjunction with a Tackling slider adjustment to allow the CPU RB to alter their rushing routes a little more mid-play). But until then, Defensive Awareness is our goal.

Test away, folks. I am not concerned with playcalling AT THIS TIME, as, while All-Madden is a chess match in gameplanning (thanks to JayJackson's sliders, , I believe All-Pro ), I feel that we can make All-Pro a decent gameplan level, with more of the focus being on pre-snap adjustments.

Any stats are helpful, but I am also concerned with feel at this time. It has to feel like football. I can tell you, "Well, Jamal Lewis averaged 5.3 yards per carry, and that is perfect with his average last year", but if half of them were 10 yards runs, and the other half were stopped at the line, then stats are crap.

Last but not least, defensive playcalling. Unless you are blitzing (which, while you can randomize some, should only be on definite passing plays or run-stopping blitzes), you should have AT LEAST 2 guys deep. That means use the Cover 2 defenses, the Cover 3 defenses, and the Cover 4 defenses. Use man to man a lot, then switch to zone a little. I think a lot of people are blitzing constantly, getting beat deep, then wondering why. You will get pressure on the QB with these sliders, but if he has a wide open reciever 15 yards downfield, you will get to him a second too late.

Oh yeah: A test is 3-5 games. If you feel like it's bad football after one half, so be it. But, the CPU runs more effectively in the second half in about 85% of the games I have tested (even before these sliders). Don't think fatigue plays some part in this...
I've used these sliders and they seem to be easy. But I've only played one game with them so I need to play with them more. I beat the Vikings with the Titans 38-12. I scored 5 touchdowns in the 1st half. I had 375 yards of offense. The Vikings had 325, but most of those yards came in the 2nd half when the game was out of reach. Chris Brown broke off a 74 yard touchdown run, he had about 160 yards rushing. Michael Bennett had over 100 yards, but most of them came on a 96 yard touchdown run in the 3rd quarter. Steve McNair was 15-28 for 222 yards and 3 TD with 1 INT. Culpepper was 17-35 for 202 yards and 2INT. Even with our secondary without Samari Rolle, we shut down Randy Moss limiting him to 4 catches. I'll play some more games with the sliders. Thanks for the sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »