Home

The OS All-Pro slider project

This is a discussion on The OS All-Pro slider project within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2004, 03:47 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: The OS All-Pro slider project

I have a few things to address :

- Just finished a game and its awesome, each game is giving me a different type. This was a defensive showdown. the score was 32-25 bills (me) over Jags. Now 32-25 defensive showdown? The score doesn't tell the story here.

Here are some stats you make the judgement

Bledsoe 16- 32 191 0td 0int sack 2
Leftwich 16.37 235 1td 3int sack 2

Henry 26-86 3.3 ypc 1 td
Taylor 20-70 3.5 ypc 1 td ( 28 total carries for Jags)

Lee Evans 8-133
Reggie Williams 5-139

That is the offense. Leftwich had a 63 yd pass to Reggie with 3:00 left in the game drastically inflating the passing numbers. I assure you i shut down the pass.

Defensively: Bills had 7 dfl 2 FF 2td
Jags had 6 dfl 1FF 1td
I also had 4 field goals and they had 1. Both D's played EXACTLY to their real life counter parts. I loved watching my to DT's have a war with one of the better interior lines in the NFL.

I won the game on a 65 yd INT Td as the Jags were driving. It was amazing!
================================================== ========
Now to other peoples games:
* YOU HAVE TO PLAY SMART AGAINST THE PASS. Zones are your friend. I played man with 2 deep safeties a lot because i had 2 of the best cover corners on the bills.
* To get a pass rush you need good coverage if your expecting to just get sacks out of your DL. You have to blitz to get a sack. I had good coverage and lead to 2 Aaron Schoebel sacks.
* We moved Run abl to 9 so you can't hit holes quite as quickly.

Here are some Special team sliders i have whipped up.
9/12
1/6
9/17
5/5
9/10

Big help from Cactus.

Thanks guys, keep posting!!!
Old 09-23-2004, 03:51 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1

Tried the "set in" technique and found it did nothing to help the CPU's run game; maybe that works for others, but I don't see it.

As far as I see it, RBA @ 12 is just too easy; the lack of "burst" makes even Priest Holmes looks like he's dragging a cement truck behind him for the first 5 or so yards.

Maybe it just my overall skill level, but there's simply no way the CPU is going to beat me with its run game on all-pro without RBA maxed. To each his own.

On special teams sliders: I max the CPU punt power. Still don't get great returns, but I get some. Plus, it makes for longer, more challenging drives.

For CPU kick off length, I usually go with 11 or 12, once again, longer drives plus you get a better KR avg if you start deeper.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:42 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 18

A great way to help the run is lowering tackling to 3-7 on both sides.. a few more broken tackles = more yards
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2004, 04:48 PM   #52
MVP

Good point Head,

have you tried this yet? I am gonna go try and will give the scoop in a while.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:55 PM   #53
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Just an idea to throw out regarding the CPU Passing Game/Human D-Line Pressure:

Good D-Line: Easier to get pressure (when I use Carolina it is like World Ward III breaks out in the CPU pocket), which means you can stay back with sending blitzers.

Average D-Line (with maybe 1 very good player): You may get to the CPU QB once in a while, but look at the real NFL - Good DE's always come in pairs. You need to get pressure from at least 2 places on the line to get pressure on the QB. If you don't have 2 good DE's (as is the case with St. Louis), you need to blitz from the weaker DE's side to help Little get pressure. This is a gamble, and welcome to the chess match.

Bad D-Line: Good luck. You more than likely won't get much pressure without the help of a missed assignment on the CPU O-line. It is NECESSARY to blitz to get pressure, and more than likely, you will need to bump and run your DB's so the blitz has time to develop. You blitz and it gets picked up? Deep pass, you're burnt. Welcome to the chess match against Kasparov, who has a decided advantage against you.

This is what makes All-Pro so nice. If you have a weakness on D, you need to gameplan a way to minimize it. Got bad CB's? Zone. Got bad LB's? Pull a safety up to help on the run. Got a bad D-Line? Blitz often, and take a chance of getting beat deep.

Headrulz: Good idea. We were thinking about lowering the tackling slider (I was one of the first on the board to mention it in early slider talks). This would (in lhsballa's words) make 'your key tacklers more important'. It would definitely make me want to get blockers occupied before they got to Ray Lewis, hence, more gameplanning.

Starting to really love Madden, now. We may be almost there.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 09-23-2004, 05:13 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 18

Wow, I think these are probably the greatest sliders that give you that, real NFL feeling, all teams play like they should. For example, if this team's D isn't strong, then they aren't strong, and the Offense has an easier time. It very realistic and produces extremely realistic stats also, and the best thing about it, is that, you won't be winning all the games in the franchise like on some settings. Right now, in my franchise I was playing a game which was Saints(Me) vs KC(cpu).

The game was great, to amazing offences vs 1 ok D and another not too good D(KC). Well it was very realistic, QB's were hitting their guys, and their were NO superjumps and no guys flying across the field which I love.

RBs had great stats, McAllister and Holmes averaged bout 3.5-4.0 and I noticed that the two runners, who have 94 and 92 BTK, were not breaking tackles. So I put tackling at 6 for both sides and then I saw some great stats and tackles were broken at times and it gave the upper-hand when it's RB vs CB. So at halftime Deuce and Priest have about 3 or 4 broken tackles each which I think is good.

After all, I've found my new franchise sliders, thanks guys.

P.S I have RB Ability at 18, because I think I am pretty good at stopping the run and I think 18 is appropriate for me.

Last edited by headrulz101; 09-23-2004 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-23-2004, 05:43 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 10

So what are the sliders you guys are using now?

Are they pretty close to the original posted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2004, 05:58 PM   #56
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by headrulz101
P.S I have RB Ability at 18, because I think I am pretty good at stopping the run and I think 18 is appropriate for me.
Hey head,

Can you tell me how the Running at 18 is treating you. Couple key things are do slower guys get too big of a boost. Meaning a full back or tight end or slow back/ reciever out run you. How do you think it is fitting into realism sake.

I trust your judgement and will be fiddling with running ablilty probably also. Maybe not to 18 but just in general.

Thanks for the input.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »