Home

Silock's All-Pro Realism Sliders

This is a discussion on Silock's All-Pro Realism Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2004, 05:44 PM   #17
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Silock's All-Pro Realism Sliders

hmm i who said i didn`t try it?...i did

i played against the 49ers..and they run perfect, i love all of it.....except for 2 things, the human running felt, easy, i had 6.7 with M.Shipp, but i can tweak that...the problem is the passing defense...they stay there....waiting the wr to catcht he abll...i gave a lot of passing yds and my safities didn`t play at all...
forget about calling cover 2 or plays like that....
Old 09-26-2004, 05:48 PM   #18
MVP

booker21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
Come try out the All madden slider project. I have played a few games and the run and pass are so evened out. You play just like me in terms of man lock and so i think you'll like mine. Yes this is a plug for people to come try them out...
thanks, but i want to stay on all pro..i`m not a ll madden player yet.....beside i like the all pro rythimg more....i`ll try them when i win on all pro easy...

thanks for the advice, though.
Old 09-26-2004, 05:56 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
hmm i who said i didn`t try it?...i did

i played against the 49ers..and they run perfect, i love all of it.....except for 2 things, the human running felt, easy, i had 6.7 with M.Shipp, but i can tweak that...the problem is the passing defense...they stay there....waiting the wr to catcht he abll...i gave a lot of passing yds and my safities didn`t play at all...
forget about calling cover 2 or plays like that....
What kind of yards were you giving up in the air? If it was around 250, I wouldn't worry, as that's perfectly normal. 350 or so I would worry about.
Old 09-26-2004, 06:09 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silock
I'm down. I'll try them out later on tonight!
Thanks man. Just give them a shot. Seems like you can stuff the run pretty good so i would play the pass a little more so you dont get aired out on.
Old 09-26-2004, 08:11 PM   #21
MVP

booker21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silock
What kind of yards were you giving up in the air? If it was around 250, I wouldn't worry, as that's perfectly normal. 350 or so I would worry about.
i got 303 exactly.... but that is ok, since i gave a big 60yds play...so it will be around 260.

my problem is that i see that if i gave 240yds every game i`ll be 32, like always, and that is not ok....

i want to be able to hold some teams for less than 200yds passing...

at the same time i see safeties don`t reacting to the ball even they are 88ovr players..they just wait there......without doing it nothing while the ball is 1 feet away from them

i`ll try one more game...but i feel that the passing game from the CPU will be over 200yds every game no matter who i play with
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2004, 09:21 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
i got 303 exactly.... but that is ok, since i gave a big 60yds play...so it will be around 260.

i`ll try one more game...but i feel that the passing game from the CPU will be over 200yds every game no matter who i play with
Well, the only thing I can say is that it is a VERY VERY rare occurance that a team is held to under 200 yards passing. The NFL is a passing league first nowadays. The Cardinals only had 3 points today against the Falcons, but McCown still went 20/26 for 198 yards. Cincinatti got blown out, but still passed for over 300 yards.

I realize that not everyone's slider sets work for everyone, so feel free to bump the AWR if you feel you need to. I've bumped it to as high as 15 and the safeties still played like crap (in my opinion). Do what you need to do in order to make it work for you -- It's not going to hurt my feelings, I promise If you bump the AWR and still are having problems with the pass, bump knockdowns. It seems to me that Awareness on defense only determines how quickly the secondary says "Oh $hit! We just got BURNED!" and the knockdown actually keeps them somewhat close enough to the receivers to be able to make a play.

EDIT: And I wouldn't worry about an 88 OVR player not being a "shutdown safety". If you look at most of the safeties' ratings, 88 is still somewhat in the middle of the pack (albeit at the high end). If you start drafting or signing safeties from free agency, the most important attributes for a safety are AWR and TAK. The safeties are the last line of defense (literally), so they need to be aware enough to be in the right position (and the correct position will beat speed 99% of the time) and not let anyone with the ball get by because of a missed tackle. Second to those, of course, is speed, but if you're having to worry about catching up to a guy that already went BY the safety, there's bigger problems than just signing fast guys

I apologize if you already knew all of this -- I just like rambling

Last edited by Silock; 09-26-2004 at 09:24 PM.
Old 09-26-2004, 10:07 PM   #23
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

hey Silocks,
These sliders are decent. I dropped the tackling for Human/CPU to 4. So that we could tackle some people. I had already had some sliders. I will post them tomorrow. I got from this website: 11min quarters,acc.clock. I am playing with the Titans currently @ 5-1 2004 schedule. Running with Chris Brown avg 89.4 a game, Passing w/McNair 220.
Old 09-26-2004, 11:12 PM   #24
MVP

booker21's Arena

maybe i didn`t expressed myself correctly but what i meant was...

i loved how the low awareness gave a chance for the cpu to be able to run......on the other hand, it sucked how bad the DB played against the pass :/

if i raise the Aware. i will be stoping the run like always....but at the same time i don`t wnat to give over 200yds every game.

i know is really normal to have one game over 200yds, but you have other games were u hold the other team for less than 200yds, this don`t happen.

To give u an idea, if u are 240yds at the end of the season, u end up being 32 against the pass.

u can have games with 240yds passing against, but u can`t have a whole season with those numbers :/

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »