Home

ABSOLUTE FINAL - Jay's Sliders

This is a discussion on ABSOLUTE FINAL - Jay's Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2004, 03:10 PM   #9
Banned

Eurodawg's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: ABSOLUTE FINAL - Jay's Sliders

Ok here is the stats I got after playing one game with your sliders:

NE (me) 53 / JAX (CPU) 56

Total Offense: 562 / 468
Rush Yrds 83 / 167
Pass Yrds 479 / 301
Turnovers 12 / 12

QB 16 / 40 (yes 16 complete pass for 479 yrds)
Their QB 30 /47
Old 09-29-2004, 03:57 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 6

12 turnovers!!! clearly you go deep about hmm... 80% of time.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:42 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
12 turnovers!!! clearly you go deep about hmm... 80% of time.
Yeah considering I've never turned the ball over more than 4 times including fumbles in ANY game.

But oh well... if you don't like em, don't use em. Sliders are a guide, but if you're THAT good on those sliders I doubt you even have fun playing Madden anymore.

Or maybe it's that you're THAT bad. I know if the CPU scored on me nearly every play I'd have nearly 500 passing yards too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2004, 07:45 PM   #12
Banned

For those of you asking about pass accuracy at 9, go right ahead if it works for you. If you're using the max awareness level and it's still not enough to check your passing game into normal numbers either adjust that higher or yes, lower the accuracy.

At least you guys are close to where you can make 1 tweak for yourselves and get good games. That's all I was looking to accomplish and feel I've done more than a bang up job. If you only have to make 1 tweak, no doubt it's saved you time on sliders so that you can actually start enjoying the game.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:24 PM   #13
Banned

Eurodawg's Arena

OVR: 4

The thing is during that game I used money plays to test if your sliders could fix them. Well all my money plays worked BUT the CPU had an answer for everything.

Anyway, yeah I am getting bored of madden. I don't like the default sliders and I haven't found sliders that fit with the way I play. (That forces me to work hard during drives) I'm trading Madden 2005 tomorow and I'll get ESPN NFL 2k5 back.

This is the first time I return Madden this soon. It's just that I am feeling that every game is the same. Every passes, every runs.

Anyway I liked your sliders for one thing tho. The game was very close

EDIT: BTW I am not bad for giving the ball away 12 times. Because I intercepted / forced a fumble the CPU 12 times too.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:50 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

I'm liking these so far. I want to play a few more games with them, adjust something to try and get them closer to my style of play. They are the first slider set I have used that I actually lost a game with.

I've tried pretty much everybody's All-Pro and All-Madden slider, played a total of 70 or so games, and had yet to lose. Second game I played with these, I lost to GB 31-27.

I know I need to bump up my defensive play calling which I have been doing lately, but pretty much every game I play is a shootout. I even moved down to 10min quarters because I was getting 500 yard total offense games from both teams at 12min.

I seem to be able to hold the computer for the 98% of it's plays, but then they just break those two 75 yard passes, and a 85+ yard run and it messes the stats up. Any suggestions on how to avoid that?

I'll try and play a few games tonight so I can post some stats.
Old 10-01-2004, 03:21 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos81

I seem to be able to hold the computer for the 98% of it's plays, but then they just break those two 75 yard passes, and a 85+ yard run and it messes the stats up. Any suggestions on how to avoid that?

I'll try and play a few games tonight so I can post some stats.
Yup, play better defense.

Sorry, I don't give up very many big plays, so I don't think its in the slider settings. Pretty much if I get beat deep, I know why.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2004, 04:52 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjackson
Yup, play better defense.

Sorry, I don't give up very many big plays, so I don't think its in the slider settings. Pretty much if I get beat deep, I know why.
How is your franchise coming along?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »