Home

Close To Perfect All Madden Sliders!

This is a discussion on Close To Perfect All Madden Sliders! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2004, 12:57 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Close To Perfect All Madden Sliders!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8ONe
Just played the aforementioned game. Skins vs G-Men

It was a very defensive game until the second half. Portis couldn't get going and I gave him almost 20 first half carries. Tiki was just as ineffective as they refused to run him despite him averaging almost 4/carry. Warner threw 31 times. IN THE FIRST HALF. Halftime score: Skins 6 - G-Men 3.

Ok so I since I couldn't run the ball, I changed my FB to Sellers. That made a huge difference as Portis was now able to get decent runs off. Before I couldn't find the hole and then the G's pursuit would eat me alive. Portis then opens up the first half with 4 straight runs that averaged almost 5 a carry. PA is my next call and I've never seen a man so wide open. TD to Coles. After 3 quarters it's Skins 21 - GMen 10.

ENTER: ROBO QB
Manning comes in off the bench for Warner who gets injured and goes 6/13 for 179 and 2 TDs. Warner had only managed 160 against me on 41 attempts. Oh well, I did manage a user pick for a score. Sean Taylor goes 100 yards for the TD. Portis then broke a 50 yd TD run.

Stats
Total Offense: WAS 255 NYG 379
Pass Yards: WAS 96 NYG 328
Rush Yards: WAS 159 NYG 51
1st Downs: WAS 11 NYG 14
TO's: WAS 4 NYG 4
T.O.P.: WAS 25:46 NYG 26:14
Score: WAS 35 NYG 25

Notable Stats: Portis 45 carries 140 yards
Barber 22 carries for 54 yards 2 TDs
Toomer 6 grabs 151 yards
Sean Taylor 6 Tackles 2 INTs 1 TD (POG)
Matt Bowen 9 Tackles
Arrington 6 Tackles 3 TFL 1 INT

Running game is still off. And I played with Taylor the whole game. They get the carries, just never the yards. Tiki had a 4 yard avg at the half and it drops to 2.4. They basically handed me the game by not running the ball when they took an early 10-6 advantage.
My game was almost a mirror image of yours. It was all defense until the 2nd half. It was WAS 7, NYG 0 at half. It ended up NYG 14, WAS 10. Giants drove on me for for the winning TD in the final 2 minutes of the game.

Portis grinded out 45 yds on 15 car in the 1st half, but ended up with 116 yds on 30 car and a TD. Barber had 40 yds on 19 car and a TD for the game. NOTE: You must remember that the Giants offensive line "in the game" is very weak. They were predicted to be one of the worst teams this year, so don't be too alarmed on Barber not going off against one of the best LB cores in the NFL.

Gardner had 6 catches for 88 yds and Coles had 4 catches for 90 yds. The Giants secondary was stifling. I had drives with a lot of hooks and outs. They weren't getting beat deep. Toomer had 6 catches for 98 yds and Hilliard had 1 catch for 40 yds.(game winning catch) Good defense all the way around.

Brunell had 18 comp out of 31 att for 165 yds and 1 int. Giants D-Line was giving a hard rush all game. Warner didn't do that good himself until the final drive. He ended up with 14 comp out of 35 comp for 120yds and a TD.

If you wanted good defense, here it was. A typical NFC East game. I bet you if the Redskins played the Chiefs it would be a different type of game. Holmes wouldn't be as low key as Barber was. WE need to remember that this game is about match-ups. There will be some games where the CPU isn't going to bang out the rushing yards like we want it. A good defense is going to most of the time beat a good offense.

My notable stats were pretty much a mirror image of yours. I'm going to give Redskins at Chiefs a try and see how that turns out. If Holmes doesn't do his thing, then I'll have to bump up a thing or two. Thanks for your input. It was greatly appreciated. PEACE!

Last edited by wj3783; 10-12-2004 at 01:01 PM.
Old 10-12-2004, 04:21 PM   #18
Rookie

HERE IT IS:

WAS KC

SCORE 20 27

T.O. 259 428

RUSH 57 163

PASS 202 265

1ST D 15 20

TOVER 1 1

3RD% 2/12 16% 7/14 50%

PEN 2/8 2/20

POSS 21:12 26:48

INDIVIDUAL STATS

WAS

PASS: BRUNELL 71.2 RATING, 22/40 224, 55%
RUSH: PORTIS 13/ 51 1TD, 3.9 YPC
BRUNELL 1/6 1TD
REC: PORTIS 6/58
COLES 6/60
GARDNER 5/46
DEF: BARROW 13 TCK
FG: HALL 2/3 MISSED 54YD ATTEMPT

KC

PASS: GREEN 119.4 RATING, 18/28 269 2TDS, 64%
RUSH: HOLMES 35/163 1TD, 4.6 YPC (same D against G-Men)
REC: GONZALEZ 5/92 2TD
MORTON 4/33
KENNISON 3/79
DEF: WARFIELD 8 TCK
FG: ANDERSEN 2/4 MISSED 55 YD AND 46 YD

Here is the proof. There is no denying that these sliders are for real. This was the same defense that shut down Barber, but then turned around and gave Holmes a career day. I also played Chargers(worst D in game) at Colts(best O in game) and James went to town on me. It's all about match-ups and minor tweaks to All- Madden. Try these out if you haven't. PEACE!
Old 10-12-2004, 04:28 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj3783
I've tried all the sliders that have been presented in this forum. The closest to being the most realistic was Jay Jackson's. The only problem I found with his was the CPU's defense was no match for my passing game. I was easily getting 300 yards a game with Mark Brunell and his completion % was always around the 70's. Brunell is good, but not that good. I think that the default All Madden mode was good but at times the big play nonsense would get out of hand. All Madden needs some tweaking but not much. I think WE are getting carried away with trying to fix every aspect of this game. These are the following sliders that I've come up with for a tighter gameplay experience. Try them and you won't be disappointed!

ALL MADDEN
12 MINUTE QUARTERS
ACCELERATED CLOCK ON

PENALTIES:
FALSE START, HOLDING, PASS INTERFERENCE, CLIPPING, INTENTIONAL GROUNDING @ 10
FACE MASK @ 8

HUMAN:
RUN BLOCKING @ 12
KNOCKDOWNS @ 15
INTERCEPTIONS @ 18
FG LENGTH AND ACCURACY @ 9
PUNT LENGTH AND ACCURACY @ 3

CPU:
QB ACCURACY @ 6
PASS BLOCKING @ 5
WR CATCHING @ 8
RUN BLOCKING @ 15
BREAK BLOCK @ 8
FG LENGTH AND ACCURACY @ 8
PUNT LENGTH AND ACCURACY @ 15

Sub in/out @ 83/90

Everything else is on default. Enjoy!
Take out Sub out/in and leave that at default. Back-ups are getting too much burn. Everyone gets some playing time in the NFL, but not that much.
Old 10-12-2004, 04:35 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 18

hey wj3738, one question is, are these sliders challenging?, I want sliders where you gotta earn your yards and stuff, I will try them out in about, an hour in a half or so, I'll post stats and the 2 teams that I will be playing is Packers vs Colts, I will probably be the Packers, so I'll come back with stats after, peace
Old 10-12-2004, 05:38 PM   #21
MVP

two things I cosider is putting tackling for both sides at 7, this helping the CPU get more yards on the ground. also CPU Run blocking at 16 and rb ability for CPU at 11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2004, 06:58 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by headrulz101
hey wj3738, one question is, are these sliders challenging?, I want sliders where you gotta earn your yards and stuff, I will try them out in about, an hour in a half or so, I'll post stats and the 2 teams that I will be playing is Packers vs Colts, I will probably be the Packers, so I'll come back with stats after, peace
Head I can tell you like this. Playing with the Skins' for these test games is really making me pull my hair out. Their wack OLine causes Portis to get shut down unless I make miracle plays and Brunell is gonna go out and purchase a back bag - cuz he's light on his back....damn the feet. I have two studs and Chris Samuels isn't really the premier player that he once was. I don't even like the Skins' but after playing with them, it's easy to see why they aren't ish this year in real life and in madden.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:23 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8ONe
Head I can tell you like this. Playing with the Skins' for these test games is really making me pull my hair out. Their wack OLine causes Portis to get shut down unless I make miracle plays and Brunell is gonna go out and purchase a back bag - cuz he's light on his back....damn the feet. I have two studs and Chris Samuels isn't really the premier player that he once was. I don't even like the Skins' but after playing with them, it's easy to see why they aren't ish this year in real life and in madden.
hey great one you should try a game with run blocking at 16, rb ability stays at 10, and tackling for both sides at 7, and yes, Skins got a pretty cheap OLine.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:36 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by headrulz101
hey great one you should try a game with run blocking at 16, rb ability stays at 10, and tackling for both sides at 7, and yes, Skins got a pretty cheap OLine.
Human Run Block at 16? Or CPU? If I put human that high I'd constantly go over 100. I had almost 150 with Minnesota so touching that wouldn't be wise. Also, I had Portis go over 145 with it the way it was (granted 45 carries). If you mean for the CPU, then I'll test that out. RB ability for both CPU and Human are at default. Tackling lowered? Hmmmm. never thought of that, but I did notice that the upper-echelon backs did break a few tackles against me (and I don't use hit-stick on defense, just special teams). Lowering it could help, but then I'd be dealing with superbacks. I'll test it though, just let me know exactly what to change.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »