Home

Close To Perfect All Madden Sliders!

This is a discussion on Close To Perfect All Madden Sliders! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2004, 07:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Close To Perfect All Madden Sliders!

I've tried all the sliders that have been presented in this forum. The closest to being the most realistic was Jay Jackson's. The only problem I found with his was the CPU's defense was no match for my passing game. I was easily getting 300 yards a game with Mark Brunell and his completion % was always around the 70's. Brunell is good, but not that good. I think that the default All Madden mode was good but at times the big play nonsense would get out of hand. All Madden needs some tweaking but not much. I think WE are getting carried away with trying to fix every aspect of this game. These are the following sliders that I've come up with for a tighter gameplay experience. Try them and you won't be disappointed!

ALL MADDEN
12 MINUTE QUARTERS
ACCELERATED CLOCK ON

PENALTIES:
FALSE START, HOLDING, PASS INTERFERENCE, CLIPPING, INTENTIONAL GROUNDING @ 10
FACE MASK @ 8

HUMAN:
RUN BLOCKING @ 12
KNOCKDOWNS @ 15
INTERCEPTIONS @ 18
FG LENGTH AND ACCURACY @ 9
PUNT LENGTH AND ACCURACY @ 3

CPU:
QB ACCURACY @ 6
PASS BLOCKING @ 5
WR CATCHING @ 8
RUN BLOCKING @ 15
BREAK BLOCK @ 8
FG LENGTH AND ACCURACY @ 8
PUNT LENGTH AND ACCURACY @ 15

Sub in/out @ 83/90

Everything else is on default. Enjoy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2004, 09:45 AM   #2
Pro

Jeven316's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Close To Perfect All Madden Sliders!

Thanks for the Sliders.I used these last night when I started a new season and my first game was the first competetive game I've had on Madden. I only completed around 62% of my passes for 240-some yards and only ran for 101 with my starting back, I noticed too that my backup got the ball alot more which was really cool. The final score was close, I won 25-21 and made a pick as the other team drove in the final 2 minutes to seal the win. Thanks again!
Old 09-30-2004, 11:09 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeven316
Thanks for the Sliders.I used these last night when I started a new season and my first game was the first competetive game I've had on Madden. I only completed around 62% of my passes for 240-some yards and only ran for 101 with my starting back, I noticed too that my backup got the ball alot more which was really cool. The final score was close, I won 25-21 and made a pick as the other team drove in the final 2 minutes to seal the win. Thanks again!
No problem! The gameplay is much tighter with these sliders. The CPU puts up a better fight, especially on defense. That was always my biggest problem...
Old 09-30-2004, 02:14 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 6

Does it feel like real football. That has been the biggest thing with me. Are these more for just good games, or REAL games. I want to notice a big difference in the skill at every position.

Can you tell me a little bit about that?
Old 09-30-2004, 02:52 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
Does it feel like real football. That has been the biggest thing with me. Are these more for just good games, or REAL games. I want to notice a big difference in the skill at every position.

Can you tell me a little bit about that?
I'll play a game between the Redskins and Giants. I'll post the stats and tell me what you think. These sliders were what I saw wrong with the default All Madden. All the sliders don't need tweaking. When you play All Madden default, you need to ask yourself, what needs to be toned down or bumped up? That is where I came up with these numbers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2004, 10:13 PM   #6
Pro

TheProfessional's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj3783
I'll play a game between the Redskins and Giants. I'll post the stats and tell me what you think. These sliders were what I saw wrong with the default All Madden. All the sliders don't need tweaking. When you play All Madden default, you need to ask yourself, what needs to be toned down or bumped up? That is where I came up with these numbers.

I agree with your theory to a certain extent. The only thing that i see that is a little skewed with that...is not your logic, BUT EA's logic. If the sliders were very specific and detailed you'd be 100% right. I'd tweak the same way. But as we all know EA's sliders are anything but detailed and specific. They're vague and nondescript at best. I've noticed that the changing one slider will affect a number of other things that you wouldn't have thought they'd affect.

Also for what you thought needed to be "bumped down", didn't you think the CPU knocking down a lot of passes was a problem? With your set do you see a lot of passes being knocked away (aka. "the super human CPU defensive player jumping")

Anyway, am looking foward to trying out your sliders to see how they play. Am always open to trying to create a better playing experience for myself and all here as well.

Last edited by TheProfessional; 09-30-2004 at 10:17 PM.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:57 AM   #7
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProfessional
I agree with your theory to a certain extent. The only thing that i see that is a little skewed with that...is not your logic, BUT EA's logic. If the sliders were very specific and detailed you'd be 100% right. I'd tweak the same way. But as we all know EA's sliders are anything but detailed and specific. They're vague and nondescript at best. I've noticed that the changing one slider will affect a number of other things that you wouldn't have thought they'd affect.

Also for what you thought needed to be "bumped down", didn't you think the CPU knocking down a lot of passes was a problem? With your set do you see a lot of passes being knocked away (aka. "the super human CPU defensive player jumping")

Anyway, am looking foward to trying out your sliders to see how they play. Am always open to trying to create a better playing experience for myself and all here as well.
the isuee with sliders are you fix something and break something who wasn´t broken.

So you end up tweaking all sliders to balance the outcome of the tweaked sliders.

From my point of view the big isuee is the CPU running game. This is the only reason why after 4 games since i got the game i started tweaking. But now i have all sliders except for catching tweaked to some point. Since when i move something, i break the other.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:42 PM   #8
Rookie

Everyone is complaining about the CPU running game. With these sliders I don't find this problem. You really need to consider who you're playing with and against.

On All Pro it was a problem, but All Madden the CPU seems much more aggresive on offense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »