Home

Sm27's "REAL NFL" ALL PRO SLIDERS

This is a discussion on Sm27's "REAL NFL" ALL PRO SLIDERS within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2004, 08:56 PM   #1
Rookie

Sm27's Arena

OVR: 5
Sm27's "REAL NFL" ALL PRO SLIDERS

Sm27's ALL-PRO, Real NFL Sliders, VETERAN MODE, and GM MODE-BETA!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Fella's,
I have been hard at work the last three days getting these ready for you all.
Because I put a Time limit of NFL KICK OFF today for myself, I am posting these now. I have seen all of the wishes/complaints that have been posted all over this and other boards with the Gameplay of Madden 2005, and because in my heart, I didn't feel that we were ALL THE WAY there with my Level 1, 2, and 3 sliders, I went back to the drawing board.
I want to say that without the Inspiration/support that you all have given me, and the positive feedback and criticism of my previous sliders, I would not have even dug back into this.
As always, the goal is REALISM! I incorporated a new Benchmarking test into the methodology for my test process. It involved not only getting STATS to line up with the NFL, but also getting the GAMEPLAY to be as realistic and close to what a real game looks and feels like when you watch it on TV. After I would spend a few Hours closely examining every aspect of how the players in MADDEN interreact with each other, and closely examining the effect each individual slider has on Gameplay, as well as striving to overcome the 'OUT OF BOX' stock amped up player ratings. I would cross check my slider adjustments with TIVO replays of NFL games I have recorded. I would have a REAL NFL play 'cued up on one side of my Split Screen Panasonic 36" HDTV. On the other side I would have MADDEN Replays set up to the Snap of the Ball. As you can guess, I would "Snap" the ball on both the TIVO side and the MADDEN side simultaneously. This was my Method for Checking FLOW.
I will Edit this post Later on today with all of the exact in's and out's of the Sliders.
I will once again will have three different "LEVELS" for the 'PLAYER' Modes, Plus of Course GM MODE for watching or Simming Games in REAL TIME.
The player modes are titled:
"DRAFTEE"-these will be the easiest.
"VETERAN"-the equivalent of a 'Fixed' ALL-PRO
"PRO-BOWLER"-for the 'Advanced' Stick Man.

These are the BETA GM MODE, and VETERAN mode sliders. Do Not let the DEF AWR sliders scare you....as always all sliders REACT TO EACH OTHER. I will post later about FATIGUE and how to use it with these sliders.

* NOTE- These sliders will feel "Different" to you, KEEP AN OPEN MIND! Do not make Judgements based on what the slider values look like on Paper. It is well known that EA made HUGE defensive adjustments in the Code of the Game Concerning DEF AWR. These Counter-act those Juiced Factory settings. It's almost like a Completely New Game, don't be alarmed! the Playmaker controls for DEFENSE and OFFENSE are More effective then they ever were in the default slider settings, CB's No longer have as great a Chance at Clocking 235lb RB's and TE's, Don't expect the AI to Cover your ***.....If you were a Fan of the ReRate Rosters by BigMilt and Patriot Missile for PC then You will especialy Dig these. Give them a few Games to get adjusted to the new "FEEL" and SPEED of the game. Start with the "VETERAN" settings to see how your Stick skills Match Up. Adjust ONLY the HUM side of the sliders, Starting with the HUM Running Slider Group, or the HUM DEF BRK BLK, not the CPU side. But you really should try to use what I have Listed as My DEFAULT Veteran sliders, with HUM SUB IN/OUT at 12/80%. If you are a Glitcher or Nano Blitzer then these sliders are not for you.

*SPECIFIC TEST TOURNAMENT FILES*

I have attached to this post Two ACTION REPLAY Zipped files. These Consist of:
1.) "GM RUN". This is a 4 team Double Round Robin Tournament, with the GM Mode Sliders already set up.
A.) BRONCO'S
B.) CHIEFS
C.) PACKERS
D.) LIONS
I chose these teams because they are all considered bitter rivals in MADDEN, so it will give us a very Representitive Aspect of "FRANCHISE PLAY". Plus the Lions of the 4 Teams Give us a "Bottom Feeder" Stat.
I would appreciate if a Couple of you Fella's with XBOX ACTION REPLAY would help me with this. I need someone to start letting these games run in REALTIME CPU vs CPU, so we can all be working off of the Same Page of Information. Make sure to Save this Tournament under "NFL SIM" seperately on your Hard Drive, so before you start letting Games run, You have a seperate Tournament that you can SIM all of the regular season Games, Stopping and saving before the PLAYOFFS, and Have the Madden "SIM ENGINE" stats to compare the "REAL TIME" stats with. This will give us an exact Measuring stick to find out where we are at in Getting "REALTIME STATS" to line up with the "MADDEN SIM ENGINE" stats.

2.) "NFL HUM" This is the exact same tournament with the 'VETERAN' sliders already inplace. This is for us Obviously, to actually PLAY SINGLE CONTROLLER MODE in order to see the Stats we are ending up with when we actually PLAY the games. This in comparison with the other two STATISTICAL CATEGORIES, SIM, and REALTIME SIM, from the other File will show us EXACTLY what is what with the Sliders instead of a bunch of guy's guessing at what the other guy's are doing.
Your Help with these Files will give us something to really sink our teeth into Statisticaly. And will be Very Helpful to Other Guy's on this Board. So Please Respond concerning this aspect and we can get this going! See Below for BOTH attached Files. Remember to Delete the "DATELINE INFO BOX" in the Zipped File before you try to load it Onto your XBOX. If you don't, madden will say that it is 'corrupted', and it will show up in Madden as a "?"mark instead of a usable file.

Sm27's NFL SLIDERS. ALL PRO

GM MODE
* 8min QTRS*/ALL PRO

Offense-CPU QB=5
PB=4
WR=10
RB=17
BLK=17

DEFENSE
AWR=6
KNK=17
INT=18
BRK=4
TKL=3
*NO FATIGUE COMPLETED YET FOR GM MODE

VETERAN*This is SINGLE PLAYER/ONE CONTROLLER MODE

*8min QTRS REGULAR CLOCK
*12min QTRS ACC CLOCK
*ALL PENALTIES MAXXED
*ALL CPU ASSIST OFF
* HUM SUB OUT=12%
* HUM SUB IN=80%
*CPU SUB IN/OUT=DEFAULT...(will change later)

OFFENSE CPU/HUM
QB=5/5
PB=3/2
WR=10/8
RB=18/9
BLK=17/7

DEFENSE CPU/HUM
AWR=6/5
KNK=17/20
INT=20/17
BRK=4/1
TKL=3/4

SPECIAL TEAMS/BOTH GM MODE AND VETERAN MODES
CPU/HUM:
FG=10/10
ACR=8/1
PNT=13/11
ACR=12/1
KO=11/10

I will post later this evening describing the CPU OPPONENT PROFILE and how to use it for Player games, WE CAN NOW USE CREATED PACKAGES AND THE CPU OPPONENT PROFILE AT THE SAME TIME! Thanks to 'Ishballa!!! He figured out how to do it, and I will get more into depth after the games today...
ENJOY...MUCH MORE LATER!
Sm27

* STAT CHART FOR COMPARISONS*
Please Post your Findings!

PHP Code:
TEAM------------------NFL----HUM--CPU--MADDEN AVG 
First Downs
Yds p/gm--------------318.3
Rushing yds p/gm-------117.9
Passing yds p/gm-------200.4
Rushing Plays p/gm------28.3
Yds/rush-----------------4.2
Pass Attempts p/gm-----32.2
Completions p/gm--------18.9
PctComp.--------------58.8
Sacked p/gm-------------2.1
Had Intp/gm------------1.05
Punts p/gm--------------4.98
Gross avg---------------41.0
Net avg-----------------34.8
Punt Returns-------------2.36
Yds p/ret-----------------9.5
Kickoff Returns-----------4.22
Yds p/ret----------------21.6
Penalties------------------6.6
Yds penalized------------54.74
TD p/gm------------------2.34
Rush TD------------------0.83
Pass TD------------------1.28
Ret TD-------------------0.23
FG Pct-------------------79.2
Pts scored p/gm----------20.83

Last edited by Sm27; 09-08-2015 at 11:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2004, 09:06 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Sm27's "REAL NFL" ALL PRO SLIDERS

this sounds great guys, just one question

I dont know if it is the game or if I am an idiot, but I cant get the two controller thing to work, this is what I did....
I started the game as usual, right before the kickoff I go to controller select and I move the 2nd controller to the cpu side. Then I kick off, after the kick off return is over and the play call screen comes up I press start with the cpu controller and do the custom game stuff, then I go to controller select and put the cpu in the middle, and all of the sudden I dont have packages..... if anyone could help it would be great...
Old 10-17-2004, 10:05 PM   #3
Rookie

Sm27's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerz192003
this sounds great guys, just one question

I dont know if it is the game or if I am an idiot, but I cant get the two controller thing to work, this is what I did....
I started the game as usual, right before the kickoff I go to controller select and I move the 2nd controller to the cpu side. Then I kick off, after the kick off return is over and the play call screen comes up I press start with the cpu controller and do the custom game stuff, then I go to controller select and put the cpu in the middle, and all of the sudden I dont have packages..... if anyone could help it would be great...
THESE SLIDERS ARE NOT YET INCORPORATING THE CPU OPPONENT PROFILE.
But, I already told you how over at MM
Old 10-17-2004, 11:13 PM   #4
Rookie

i got it
Old 10-17-2004, 11:30 PM   #5
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Let me see if I'm following this thread here, the two files posted are for testing correct? One set is for the CPU vs CPU to see if stats are accuratly producing or close producing a real time game in GM Mode, then we actually play the second file (NFL HUM) to see if the stats come out close to the GM Mode file?

Sorry if I'm not making any sense its just that it was a bit to read and follow at times so am I close or correct? Also by real time do you mean to leave settings at 8 min or change to a actual 15 min quarter, sounds like you're saying leave at 8 min to mimic a 15 min quarter as in 8 = 15 min.

Holla Back ya'll
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2004, 12:21 AM   #6
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Here some stats from the first game I played with these:

San Diego (Me) @ Carolina

Code:
TEAM---------------------NFL-------SD----CAR
First Downs-------------18.3-------21-----11
Yds p/gm---------------318.3------287----206
Rushing yds p/gm-------117.9------102----150
Passing yds p/gm-------200.4------185-----56
Rushing Plays p/gm------28.3-------31-----28
Yds/rush-----------------4.2------3.0----5.4
Pass Attempts p/gm------32.2-------43-----20
Completions p/gm--------18.9-------18------6
Pct. Comp.--------------58.8-------41-----30
Sacked p/gm--------------2.1--------2------2
Had Int. p/gm------------1.05-------2------2
Punts p/gm---------------4.98-------4------4
Gross avg---------------41.0-----50.7---32.7
Net avg-----------------34.8-----47.7---32.7
Punt Returns-------------2.36-------0------2
Yds p/ret----------------9.5--------0----5.5
Kickoff Returns----------4.22-------3------4
Yds p/ret---------------21.6-----22.6---19.5
Penalties----------------6.6--------3------5
Yds penalized-----------54.74------30-----36
TD p/gm------------------2.34-------1------1
Rush TD------------------0.83-------1------0
Pass TD------------------1.28-------0------0
Ret TD-------------------0.23-------0------0
FG Pct------------------79.2------100----100
Pts scored p/gm---------20.83------15-----10
Just some quick individuals, as well:

Brees - 18/43, 200 yds, 0 TD, 2 INT, 37.0 Rating
Delhomme - 6/20, 66 yds, 0 TD, 2 INT, 1.3 Rating

Tomlinson - 30/102, 1 TD, 11 BTK, 3.4 ypc
Davis - 22/113, 6 BTK, 5.1 ypc
Foster - 3/24, 1 Fumble Lost, 8.0 ypc (21 yards long)

Parker - 5/71
Tomlinson - 5/33
Caldwell - 4/41
Muhammad - 4/35

Olshansky - 2 sacks
Jammer - INT
J. Wilson - INT
Witherspoon - INT, sack
Rucker - sack
Gamble - INT (TD)

SD Defense - 3 Tackle for loss, 5 Passes defensed
Carolina Defense - 6 Tackle for loss, 4 Passes defensed

With all of that being said, here is my cause for concern, and for the QB Comlpetion %'s:

San Diego Recievers - 43 pass attempts, 15 DROPS (35% of the time)
Carolina Recievers - 20 pass attempts, 5 DROPS (25% of the time)

May have been a fluke game, it wast at night in clear condiions with 2-5 mph winds and about 65 degrees. But my guys dropped 15 passes, ouch. Other than that, the tackles were nicely distributed (Carolina's LB's had a bunch, my D-Line had a bunch) and I love the CPU rushing so far (granted, it was Carolina).

Have to figure out those drops, though. Great stuff as usual, SM.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 10-18-2004, 02:03 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yeah, just started playing with these and didn't get a chance to finish the game. Rich Gannon (CPU) threw 3 interceptions in the first half and just couldn't complete anything. Meanwhile, no matter how wide open my recievers were, they couldn't catch a single pass. I had like 30 percent completion because they couldn't catch the passes thrown there way. Beyond the terrible passing game though, these weren't too bad and had a real good feel to them.

Last edited by NCHelix; 10-18-2004 at 02:27 AM.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:41 AM   #8
Rookie

I am kind of tired so I am not going to post all the stats, but for all the people complaining about drops, try not to gun the ball in there every time try some touch passing, I just played a game and only dropped 4 on 31 attempts... just something to think about

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »