Home

Sack Help needed plezee

This is a discussion on Sack Help needed plezee within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2004, 06:06 AM   #1
Rookie

didy's Arena

OVR: 2
Sack Help needed plezee

I been playn madden for a while now and in recent years i have always found ways to sack da QB however this year i have no luck in sackn the qb. I move my line i blitz wit 1,2 sometimes even 3 linebackers but the stinkn qb always fires the ball just bfore the sack. Can u guys plezee giv me some blitz setups or anything, just dont tell me to use a line man coz i like my safety controll.

Thanx a lot
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2004, 01:49 PM   #2
Pr*

Defel's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Sack Help needed plezee

Quote:
Originally Posted by didy
I been playn madden for a while now and in recent years i have always found ways to sack da QB however this year i have no luck in sackn the qb. I move my line i blitz wit 1,2 sometimes even 3 linebackers but the stinkn qb always fires the ball just bfore the sack. Can u guys plezee giv me some blitz setups or anything, just dont tell me to use a line man coz i like my safety controll.

Thanx a lot
I think it's way too hard to sack certain QBs and way too easy to sack others. If a QB like Josh McCown (or whatever) gets a whiff of pressure, he'll try to scramble and will be cut down. I could easily sack him 15 times in a game if I tried. However, I just played against Kerry Collins and, whenever I would get to him, the ball would shoot out of his hands even though he wasn't in a passing motion. I got a couple fumbles since some were backwards passes, but no sacks.

It seems as if the best way to get sacks is to shift your line so one side is overloaded. One guy might get through clean. Of course, you can easily get burned with a good running play call.
Old 10-22-2004, 06:06 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Sack Help needed plezee

Quote:
Originally Posted by didy

Thanx a lot
i use the cardinals and this has been a huge problem for me also and as i play on all-madden i was getting killed by having no pressure cause my secondary cant cover to start with

i actually found help in the prima guide of all places

if you want pressure do not use the line shift because it weakens one half of your line

use line spread on all blitz packages and above all have your fastest players on all blitz plays..im getting alot of pressure now and forcing turnovers as well

also rush the end oppisite where the te lines up..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »