Home

Anyone Try This?

This is a discussion on Anyone Try This? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2004, 06:16 PM   #1
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

OVR: 9
Question Anyone Try This?

I'm wondering if CPU running can be acheived by changed the coach profile. Maybe by controling every team, with all the "tasks" set to CPU, I can make the profiles a little less aggressive, and lean them more towards the run. Has anyone tried this? If you control a team with all the "tasks" set to CPU, will the teams still offer trades during the draft? I'm also wondering if I set a team to User, change the coach profile, and then set the team to CPU, does my coach profile changes stick. Anyone consider this, or better yet, try it? Any results?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2004, 06:42 PM   #2
MVP

cch99's Arena

Re: Anyone Try This?

I do this. The CPU doesn't offer trades but they do everything else. Replace injured players, redo depth charts, draft.

And it definitely works for getting the CPU to run more. I jack it up 10% to there run side.

You will have to switch before and after every game or the sim games will have way too much running.

I like the feel alot more and there aren't alot of trades in the NFL anyway.
Old 11-18-2004, 07:16 PM   #3
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cch99
I do this. The CPU doesn't offer trades but they do everything else. Replace injured players, redo depth charts, draft.

And it definitely works for getting the CPU to run more. I jack it up 10% to there run side.

You will have to switch before and after every game or the sim games will have way too much running.

What about aggressiveness? Do you change that at all, or just the running part?
Old 11-18-2004, 09:31 PM   #4
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cch99

\\

i do this as well...in previous years I altered the aggressiveness as well...usually about 8 clicks (to the left) for both the run/pass and aggressiveness...

Keeps the wack trades, FA moves and team moves to a minimum...

I usually control all 32 for the firsy season as far as GM moves go and then make the other 31 go with CPU assist from there...

Funny thing is...this year I don't seem to have the injuries carry into the games I actually play...

For example...I'm currently in Week 4 of a Redskins 'chise...

D'Angelo Hall is out for 6 weeks according to the Falcons report...yet he's NOT injured when I go to play the game...

I saw this in Week 3 w/ the Rams game as well...the injured players are 'magically' cured for the games I play vs. the CPU...

Anyone else see this?
Old 11-19-2004, 09:21 AM   #5
MVP

cch99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkerots
What about aggressiveness? Do you change that at all, or just the running part?

I personally just adjust the run %.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »