Home

Salaries....

This is a discussion on Salaries.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2004, 10:32 PM   #1
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

OVR: 17
Salaries....

The salaries in this game are WAY off... in ESPN they are great but i wish they were better... is there anything out there we can download that has more respectable saleries or a way to do it.. like, every team almost is soooo far below the salary cap that they can all sign any free agent they want.. its ridiculous and so unrealistic..plz lemme know

thanx
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2004, 10:40 AM   #2
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Salaries....

Does it matter? The salaries are all relative to the cap the game provides and how other teams in the game run their finances. They are off a bit from reality but the salary system works well enough to be fun and require some thought to prevent running short on cap room after a season or two. The more seasons you play the more teams you'll see getting dangerously close to the cap.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:39 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

Well it probably seems like this because none of the teams have the cap penalties that they face in real life, that may have something to do with it.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:08 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

Yea, that is something I want to see more of. I will admit that I see guys getting released midway or at the end of the free agent signing period and teams taking salary cap hits, but I think it should be more prevalent. The AI GM's don't act enough like real life, but for a video game its pretty damn good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »