Home

Send Your madden game to The NFL and NFLPA

This is a discussion on Send Your madden game to The NFL and NFLPA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2004, 08:04 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Send Your madden game to The NFL and NFLPA

Of course informed people wont buy bad games.

But that true statement does not change the fact that this deal and the likely elimination of competition for football games will be very bad for gamers.

To suggest that this deal is good for gamers makes no sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2004, 08:20 AM   #26
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by UkTribe
Of course informed people wont buy bad games.

But that true statement does not change the fact that this deal and the likely elimination of competition for football games will be very bad for gamers.

To suggest that this deal is good for gamers makes no sense.
Like i said before the only people who benefit from this deal are Ea/Nfl
Old 12-15-2004, 08:40 AM   #27
Rookie

agree with that myownsun

my wrath is aimed at the people who claim this deal is somehow good for gamers.

re baseball - i agree with you that the games have been poor - but the PC tweaks to MVP make it well worth playing - you may want to try that
Old 12-15-2004, 09:12 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

Has anyone played Madden 2006? If not it all seems very speculative about how they are going to produce the worst football game in history because they have no competition.

PhilC
Old 12-15-2004, 09:16 AM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patman
but it doesn't benefit "me" (me being I and several others who hold the same view)
Exactly. EA has basically proven that they don't care about us gamers and it's all about the $. I for one, plan on stealing any future EA games i want to play, but they aren't getting any of my money.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:26 AM   #30
Rookie

PhilCrenshaw - do you have an example of anyone saying Madden 2006 will be the "worst game in history" ?

I certainly havent seen that posted.

What I have seen posted is the suggestion that the elimination of competition in the NFL gaming industry will not be a good thing for gamers.

This isnt just posted on the forums either. The first OS article has a broadly similar thrust.

EA will not be as highly incentivised to go the extra mile in developing a great game. They will know that there are enough people out there who want an NFL game with up to date teams, rosters and stadiums.

Nothing motivates like some healthy competition.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:40 AM   #31
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UkTribe
ObiWanJenkins

Just the reaction I would expect from a Yankees fan. Have you considered that, in the absence of any competition, EA will not be incentivised to deliver a good product ?

Obviously the NFL and EA sports have a right to maximise their revenues but to suggest that this deal will make life for gamers better is simply ludicrous.

EA now know that their game will sell in droves regardless of bugs, lack of new features and churning out a roster update evry year on the same old game engine. To expect that they wont take advantage of this is totally naive.
Actually, I'm a Mets fan. I live on Staten Island. I didn't say it would make life better for gamers; I said fans. I do believe that the NFL will push EA to produce the best games that they can. Maybe it won't happen. I do know, however that it will give EA incredible access to the inner workings of the NFL and allow them to make their games deeper than ever before. Time will tell whether or not this is a good thing for gamers.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2004, 09:48 AM   #32
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patman
Wait, explain to me how EA profiting or the NFL profiting helps me or any other person who is interested in video games or a fan of the NFL? Serious, explain this to me... you are either going to have a killer arguement or sound like a total moron... I'm betting the latter.
I can explain it all day long. If you disagree with me, I'll be a moron either way. It's simply my opinion. Take it as you will. I owned stock in EA, so the deal already benefited me. As for others, here are the things that I like about the deal. You have cross promotion, more interactive fan events at games, more NFL money to spend on programs to get fans involved, more money to support youth leagues. For stockholders in EA, there are huge gains. As for gamers, you get an unprecedented look into the NFL as only one company will need access to players and coaches. Will this translate into good news for gamers? Only EA knows how it will use this newfound access. The potential is there for all fans and gamers to benefit from this deal. And if it's a complete failure, Sega has 5 years to develop the best NFL game in history. Gamers won't benefit from that?

Last edited by ObiWanJenkins; 12-15-2004 at 09:56 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »