Home

lifetime deal

This is a discussion on lifetime deal within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2004, 04:28 PM   #9
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:
Re: lifetime deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriano
The NFL underestimates what Video game football will be in 5 years. The games are becoming more and more realistic. I read a article saying in 5 years EA will pay the nfl whatever they want for the license, because they will own 5 years worth of material. Motion captures, player scans, and content. Basically the nfl just signed a lifetime deal. Which over time will lose them money.
Ummm... why would the NFL lose money? They're the ones being paid. The are offering exclusive rights to likenesses and copyrights. They aren't spending anything. And EA will not OWN the motion captures, player scans, and content, they will have the right to use those in their games. If the license agreement expires, EA will no longer be allowed to use these things.

Old 12-19-2004, 08:17 PM   #10
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: lifetime deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
Ummm... why would the NFL lose money? They're the ones being paid. The are offering exclusive rights to likenesses and copyrights. They aren't spending anything. And EA will not OWN the motion captures, player scans, and content, they will have the right to use those in their games. If the license agreement expires, EA will no longer be allowed to use these things.

when I said lose money. What I'm saying is In 5 years the license might not be worth as much..Not because of the NFL losing popularity but because they gave a Company 5 years of brand name exposure..in America people are Name Brand conscious..They dont like change.. VCR BETAS...Remember the sega console it was better than the Nintendo original faster stronger more colors better system, yet it could not topple the Nintendo unit..

Giving someone that much time to entrench themselve as "the" game is HUGE..Why do you think Maddens name has been their so long ... PEOPLE ARE CATTLE.

as far as the likenesses are concerned....In a sence they will own them.. Hey EA your contract is up can we get those scans from your for our new game by LGN?? sure buddy let me get back to u.. all that content will be gone.

Last edited by adriano; 12-19-2004 at 08:23 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »