Home

The joke is on EA...

This is a discussion on The joke is on EA... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2004, 11:25 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: The joke is on EA...

The deal is swell for EAsports and not so swell for us gamers..end of story
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2004, 11:44 PM   #42
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
No, you're wrong. The defensive enhancements include the ability to isolate DBs, doubleteam on the fly, doubleteam specific WRs, assign certain DBs to a certain WR, safeties read and react much better, the defensive ends play better, sealing the outside and either will pass rush or play the run and not just blindly go up field, there is multiple ways to spy the QB, need I go on?
I'm wrong? lmao, everything you just mentioned is in espn! de playing better? in the words of Dick Engerg "oh my" I think you really need to take a look again.I will give you the qb spy though,but you seem to act like Madden is worlds ahead in terms of defensive audibles and that's just not the case.I really wish you would "go on" lol. I enjoy BOTH games this year but it cracks me up when I read about all the fantastic innovations that Madden has included when the competitor has done the same thing.
As far as your logic on the reviews...I have some ocean front property in Az I would like to sell you lol lol .
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 12-27-2004, 11:53 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2

EA will NEVER release the quality that was present on NFL 97 on the Saturn that was developed by GameTek.

The front end will always be very solid, that is the case with most of their EA games, that's how they get many people to buy their products in the first place. The worst case scenario will be that they continually release a fundamentally flawed game without any new innovation.

I'm starting to worry a little bit how they will get their inspiration for innovation now that the competition is...... nonexistent. EA will do just enough to make sure that they get people to continually buy their product, no more, no less.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:20 AM   #44
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Potential
I'm starting to worry a little bit how they will get their inspiration for innovation now that the competition is...... nonexistent. EA will do just enough to make sure that they get people to continually buy their product, no more, no less.
Excellent point 99, even with competition it seemed that ea didn't have any inspiration,now I feel (imo) it's only going to be worse,because there is no competition.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 12-28-2004, 04:25 AM   #45
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18

I think we're all worried about the lack of competition - that's the main issue that everyone has with this deal - EA fan or not....

Like I said, all we can do is wait and see what EA puts out next year guys. I for one hope that Tiburon and EA realize that with an exclusive deal, the pressure is squarely on them to produce an excellent football game, with the lack of competition now...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2004, 06:02 AM   #46
Pro

OVR: 4

i don't get people opening their mouths n saying EA might release the god of football gaming!!!!

why couldn't they do it without the exclusive nfl license?...they know that they sell products because they can market their @##_off..n see that vc is getting very dangerouse and the gameplay in 2k games are on a level of their own.. have never bought a madden game (wait i did in 2004 n brought it back the next day)& this deal doesn't change a thing!!!

BUT IT DOES suck to hell---that there is no other nfl football game on the market..i feel sorry for those who can't stand madden and it's gameplay and nonsense they call football videogame.

I'LL ALWAYZ HAVE THE NEAR PERFECT NFL 2K5--i just have a feeling vc would have hit a very high level with NFL 2K6---but we'll never know..
Old 12-28-2004, 11:57 AM   #47
Sweettouch

Dame's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgeist
I'm so mad at the NFL and EA that I don't care if I'm playing a football game with the Colorado Donkeys instead of the Denver Broncos. I love my freedom of choice over anything else.
They didn't take away your freedom o f choice taking away someone freedom of choice is when they make do something else with no alternative. They give you the choice of playing their game or not playing game its just not the choice you would want. And nothing against you personally but i'm tired of people saying their mad at the NFL and EA like if they were Head of EA or in charge of the NFL decision that they wouldnt made the same decision people need to open their eyes and see the great business moved that it is

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »