Home

ALL Ea Games for Next Gen HDTV Only!

This is a discussion on ALL Ea Games for Next Gen HDTV Only! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 11:48 AM   #9
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: ALL Ea Games for Next Gen HDTV Only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braylon
Congress passed a law nearly a decade ago that called for all major networks, satellite and cable companies to go to an HDTV signal by 2006 and gave them the money to do it ($80m)

Thus, it has been expected and federally mandated that the move be made to HD. That's one reason why we're seeing HDTVs drop so much in price.

You're gonna have to break down and get one, or else you're gonna be playing ugly games. It's up to you. The cost is $200 (HDTVWonders are $199 and allow you to play games on your PC monitor...and you can get a 21" PC monitor for $150). You're going to spend $300 on a system and $50 each on games. If you want to get with the program on the next-gen consoles, you're going to have to pony up the extra $200.

It's not "stupid," it's actually a savvy business move. People complain about EA being unwilling to improve their games, but then you have people unwilling to pay what it takes to play these games the way they are intended.

hey braylon-

i work in tv so i'll handle this one

IF 85% of households have a DTV THEN the conversion is enforced

we won't have that 85% threshold for another 2-3 years

Last edited by K_GUN; 01-18-2005 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:06 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
When EA actually makes a real improvement on Madden rather than recycling everything and updating the rosters THEN and ONLY THEN can they expect me to go shuck out some money for another TV to play thier games. EA is the one whos been lazy here, not us.
Then those of us who have HDTVs will enjoy these games in all their glory and you won't. I don't care.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:26 PM   #11
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
When EA actually makes a real improvement on Madden rather than recycling everything and updating the rosters THEN and ONLY THEN can they expect me to go shuck out some money for another TV to play thier games. EA is the one whos been lazy here, not us.
Another posts example of how this great site's forums have slowly degraded into what can only be described as "Operation Sega Forums."

AKA "Crying In Their Beer Sega Fan Forums."

Last time I looked, this was the Madden NFL Football forum section, but I see that the ESPN fanboys keep pouring over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2005, 02:10 PM   #12
MVP

toychri's Arena

OVR: 8

The other thing to think about is probably half the market for Madden is 21 and under with little or no income. I don't think little Johnny that works at Taco Bell drive through will be laying down over 1 large for a HDTV anytime soon.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:28 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by toychri
The other thing to think about is probably half the market for Madden is 21 and under with little or no income. I don't think little Johnny that works at Taco Bell drive through will be laying down over 1 large for a HDTV anytime soon.
Read before you post.

HDTVWonder is $199.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:02 PM   #14
MVP

Dondadda's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
i think the bigger issue will be wether EA optimizes their titles for the XBOX2 or if they'll have another secret alliance with sony /PS3
You mean vice versa - the PS3 is markedly superior to the XBox-2, technologically speaking. The XBOX2 will likely be first to market, however, which is very important.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:03 PM   #15
MVP

Dondadda's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcool72
Another posts example of how this great site's forums have slowly degraded into what can only be described as "Operation Sega Forums."

AKA "Crying In Their Beer Sega Fan Forums."

Last time I looked, this was the Madden NFL Football forum section, but I see that the ESPN fanboys keep pouring over.

EA will follow its historical pattern - major upgrade for the first release on the next generation . . . and then only incremental improvements. It has worked for a very long time, so why should it depart from that pattern?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2005, 03:04 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braylon
Read before you post.

HDTVWonder is $199.
Who wants to play a console system on a computer screen? If you are going to do that, you might as well just get a PC to game on.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »