Home

How far will EA go to protect its profits???

This is a discussion on How far will EA go to protect its profits??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2005, 12:49 PM   #9
Pro

bubba4's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: How far will EA go to protect its profits???

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
Actually we dont control who gets into the White House. Its just an illusion of control. Business and corporations with money work thier magic with thier lobbyists to get two people on both sides to run every election. You still dont have a REAL choice. Bush or Kerry? Thats like EA saying we are gonna give you Madden 2006 and Madden 2006 v 2.0 Both are basically the same thing with only very minor differences between the two. Yeah you can choose Madden 2006 or Madden 2006 v 2.0 but is that really a REAL choice? So lets not go comparing this to our elections here in the states as if we have REAL choices about who runs for President. If we had REAL choices youd see more people getting the republic and democratic nomantions than just rich old white men.
Amen! blackceasar lives in the REAL world!
Old 01-21-2005, 04:17 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
Actually we dont control who gets into the White House. Its just an illusion of control. Business and corporations with money work thier magic with thier lobbyists to get two people on both sides to run every election. You still dont have a REAL choice. Bush or Kerry? Thats like EA saying we are gonna give you Madden 2006 and Madden 2006 v 2.0 Both are basically the same thing with only very minor differences between the two. Yeah you can choose Madden 2006 or Madden 2006 v 2.0 but is that really a REAL choice? So lets not go comparing this to our elections here in the states as if we have REAL choices about who runs for President. If we had REAL choices youd see more people getting the republic and democratic nomantions than just rich old white men.
Let's can the politics. Stick to what you know (and I mean that innocuously). I don't want to listen to a bunch of uninformed teenagers argue ignorantly about politics. I don't think anyone else does, either, and I know that's not why the owners started the site.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:20 PM   #11
Rookie

MrTennessee's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilCrenshaw
Are we suggesting that EA is going to buy the licensing rights to the Planet Earth now?

PhilC
you evidently havnet seen the new deal they are trying to get with all the countries......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2005, 04:49 PM   #12
T*rg*t F**ld

bergie56's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braylon
Let's can the politics. Stick to what you know (and I mean that innocuously). I don't want to listen to a bunch of uninformed teenagers argue ignorantly about politics. I don't think anyone else does, either, and I know that's not why the owners started the site.
That and the fact that politics is against the TOS. I think Odogg makes a good point though. As much as this may suck for people EA did nothing illegal or that Sega wouldnt have done if the tables were turned. Its a great business move. Also, I am pretty sure that both the NFL and ESPN approached EA about doing the deals.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:54 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergie56
As much as this may suck for people EA did nothing illegal.
Did I miss something? I didn't think this was decided by any court yet. There sure seems to be a lot of EA fans stating their opinion as fact on this board lately.
Old 01-21-2005, 05:22 PM   #14
T*rg*t F**ld

bergie56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
Did I miss something? I didn't think this was decided by any court yet. There sure seems to be a lot of EA fans stating their opinion as fact on this board lately.
Your right that nothing has legally been decided yet and I should have said they havent done anything illegal in my opinion. However there is precedent with leagues (or what have you) such as Nascar signing an exclusive deal with EA, or all NFL jerseys being Reebok so I dont think there is much of a case to be had there. I may not be right but I am pretty sure there isnt much of a case there. Also just for your info I am not an EA fan boy by any means. I enjoy playing Madden AND ESPN, MVP AND MLB, and ESPN College Hoops 2k5
Old 01-21-2005, 05:23 PM   #15
T*rg*t F**ld

bergie56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
What do you think about the rest though?

As much as this may suck for people EA did nothing illegal or that Sega wouldnt have done if the tables were turned. Its a great business move. Also, I am pretty sure that both the NFL and ESPN approached EA about doing the deals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2005, 03:02 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 11

Braylon It appears that you're the one whos' misinformed. You proved it by saying there were teenagers arguing about politics. Last time I checked I was 30 years old and ex military. I think I know my way around our government, foriegn policy, etc. Well you made an assumption...and you know what they say about people who ASSume.

You usually have something real to say. You just took two steps back assuming everyone on this board other than yourself is a teenager. Look before you leap next time.

Okay, its safe to take the shoe out of your mouth now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »