Home

Player Ratings and Progression?

This is a discussion on Player Ratings and Progression? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2005, 10:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Player Ratings and Progression?

How does Player Ratings Progression work in Madden 2005? In real-life NFL, most rookie QBs hardly play at all in their first season. Then they come back drastically improved after one or two years as the understudy to a veteran QB. Would something like this even be possible in Madden '05? I was under the impression than players don't improve in a Madden game unless they were getting playing time.

I'd like to know what factors affect a player's ratings progression. If I'm playing a 5-year veteran QB with high ratings... but he's getting a QB rating of 60 to 70 every season because of my playing style (lots of INTs)... would his ratings start to go down? If I'm playing a promising rookie QB, but I'm getting 10 TD's and 30 INT's in the rookie season, would his ratings improve at all?

I'm also curious to know whether or not players have a "POTENTIAL" ratings cap for all their skills. In other words, would a rookie with an OVR rating of 78 possibly have a "hidden" OVR potential rating of 92 (ie the player will eventually reach a rating of 92 later in his career, but never over that score). I guess what I'm asking is: assuming rookies start off with the same ratings, would some of them be "destined" for much higher ratings compared to others that started with the same ratings? Or would rookies with the same ratings have pretty much equal chances of being great?

If Madden does have a hidden "potential" rating for its players... how would manually editing a player's stats affect his potential rating?

Did Madden implement "busts" and "steals" in its draft system? I'm curious to know if it's possible to occasionally grab a superstar player in the 3rd and 4th rounds. Or maybe the league is populated with robo-GMs that never let a good player pass them by.

Sorry to be asking so many questions, but I'm still a clueless newbie at this point.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »