Home

MADDEN 06/XBOX 2 news!!!

This is a discussion on MADDEN 06/XBOX 2 news!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2005, 03:45 PM   #73
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: MADDEN 06/XBOX 2 news!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidersBaby
Did we ask if you thought it was going to look like crap? No.
Typical disgruntled "Aints" fan...lol
I'm not disgruntled about anything. I don't know what being a fan of a team has to do with this discussion at all. Of course, that's typical ******* raider fan logic.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 03-18-2005, 05:25 PM   #74
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcool72
I'll answer for Bangpow, since we are partners who run the same website. (Plus he's heading out of town this weekend, and wont be around to respond.)

We (Consolefootball.com) were not part of the EA Community showing of the NCAA/Madden games down at Tiburon. We were given necessary paperwork only 2 weeks ago to gain entry into the Community program, so it was far too late for me and/or Bangpow to be included in the viewing of this year's games down in FLA. (We definitely hope to be involved in next year's viewing.) But we were told by EA to consider ourselves "in the program."

(Though obviously not in time for this week's event.)

The NDA agreements are pretty strict though. There's so very little that the people who were at the viewing can actually say that most of them have chosen to say nothing. From what I understand, sometime in mid April, EA will allow some of the info out, and then that select info can be talked about by the people who were there.

So, even from our friends at the other sites who did attend, there's really no info to share. We might get some vague "impressions", but even with that, they have to be extremely cautious. I dont' even ask those guys anything, because I know its an uncomfortable situation for them till the "gag" is removed on the date that EA specifies.

From all that I have seen, many who went there were expecting to be allowed to share SOME relevant info once they got back, but the NDA they had to sign was pretty comprehensive, from my understanding. So alot of sites that said "We'll be back with some info", actually came back and had to say "Sorry fellas, not till mid April."

For you ESPN fans, I'll also tell you that I have been pressing a friend who is very close to guys on the VC development team for any info about if they are making a football game. Curiously, he responds to all of my emails, except the ones that have anything to do with any request for any inside info/hint on what VC is gonna do. Those go unanswered completely. He doesn't even offer an opinion on the matter, and avoids all references to my questions completely.

I don't know what that means- but I can say that it does make me somewhat hopeful for a future VC/Take Two football product.
Thanks Cool. The whole TT silence thing has me thinking the same thing. I think if they are going to do something, E3 will be the launching pad.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:36 PM   #75
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Well I own madden 05 so I have as much a right to talk about it as anyone else here. I haven't even been on this board in a while so you can hardly call me a troll. The gameplay arguments have beaten to death and all I talked about were the graphics.
WOW you own Madden 2005, This coming from a guy that I thought would never touch Madden with a 10 foot pool. Or thats what you made all of us believe. I can't seem to remember you talking about anything good about Madden 2005, or even thought you ever owend it. You always were a NFL2k/ESPN guy, when did you have the change of heart, Im just curious thats all, don't take anything I'm asking or saying to heart.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2005, 07:45 PM   #76
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
WOW you own Madden 2005, This coming from a guy that I thought would never touch Madden with a 10 foot pool. Or thats what you made all of us believe. I can't seem to remember you talking about anything good about Madden 2005, or even thought you ever owend it. You always were a NFL2k/ESPN guy, when did you have the change of heart, Im just curious thats all, don't take anything I'm asking or saying to heart.
Lol I actually got it as a christmas present. I have played all the madden's before but I would never buy them. I've put some time in this year's madden and I didn't like it. I even started a franchise in but I just couldn't get into it.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 03-18-2005, 07:58 PM   #77
Rookie

Eric13Oakland's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
Well, I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pool either, I can't lift one Im just jkin man
Old 03-18-2005, 11:27 PM   #78
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2
Okay Bang...Give up the goods. Were you a part of the Madden/NCAA invite thing yesterday and today, and if so, what can you tell us?
I know QC already answered this, but no, we were not part of the Madden/NCAA invite. As QC stated, we have recently been accepted into the program, but not in time to attend that event.

Oh, and i am out of town right now. I am currently sitting in my hotel room in Hollywood, FL for work. So, I was a week late a few miles away from where the viewing was being held.

Last edited by bangpow; 03-18-2005 at 11:37 PM.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:29 PM   #79
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Ahh... as much as things change, they will always stay the same.

This is why it is pointless to have conversations with jmood (remember that quietcool!). I personally will enjoy him never playing another football, ahem, NFL football game for the next 10-15 years.

LMFGDAO!!!

Late or not for me, I dont care, that is some funny sh!t.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »