Home

Madden 2006 on XBOX 2.

This is a discussion on Madden 2006 on XBOX 2. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2005, 04:05 PM   #17
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden 2006 on XBOX 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kondo
Where did you get the info from microsoft or ea ?And will you be getting it for x2?
Info came from both MS and EA.

Yes I will be purchasing the Next Box version. (Assuming it releases as planned pre December).
Old 04-01-2005, 04:48 PM   #18
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltman
The Next Box will most likely be released in late October according to industry insiders. (read it on various sides & the official X-Box mag).

Madden is confirmed for X-Box and X-Box II by EA and Microsoft.

Everything I have read leads to the Next Box's version of Madden to have a few slight extra's, but nothing that is going to be taking full advantage of the Next Box's next gen power.

Bottom line, if you cant afford the new system come Oct, dont worry too much, you can still get the X-Box version, and it wont be miles different from Next Box's version.
There is no way EA is going to use the old engine slightly tweaked on the new console. I would be willing to bet they have been developing a new engine from the ground up for a while. Now it might not take full advantage but what launch game ever does. No console that i recall has ever launched with an old engine on a new machine. And yes i think they will lose considerable money if they didnt launch with a next gen title.

General rule is you launch a new console with a NEW football game.(at least in the last few generations) Remember EA will be charging at least $60 for the new Madden on the new console. IMHO, i feel it will be miles apart from the current Madden now. It better be, if not how can Microsoft justify the XBOX2 as a next gen system, how could EA justify the price tag, and lastly , it certainly wont help the XBOX2 fly off the shelves like MS is anticipating.

I will see for myself in May when i go to E3, but i am fully EXPECTING Madden06 on XB2 to be a TRUE next gen title
Old 04-02-2005, 01:17 AM   #19
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

The simple fact is, John "common gamer' Doe has no idea what an engine is. If EA take advantage of the Xbox2 GRAPHICS wise, then that is all they need to do for a launch title - maybe they'll go with a new engine, but I think it is far more likely EA just add synthetic enhancements to make it appear like an Xbox2 title, NOTHING impresses the masses more than cool screenshots, and that can be done EASILY without even touching the engine.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Madden 2006 Xbox2 very similiar if not identical to the PC version - add some bump mapping, higher resolution textures, higher pologon count models and more dynamic lighting to the basic console Madden engine and wholla, next gen!

I'd be very happy if that was the case - why? Because if they made the PC and next gen titles identical, that would (FINALLY) mean the PC version doesn't get neglected :P
Old 04-02-2005, 12:18 PM   #20
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13
Icon12 Re: Madden 2006 on XBOX 2.

Wow It's good to hear from LBRulz, Trust me what ever this guy says take into consideration, he bascially always right

Anyways i personally think they have to start a-new here. Theres no way they could port a ps2 version to the xbox2. Just think of it, i don't think microsoft would like that. Microsoft paid good money for EA to join thier live program, and i think they expecting EA to shine this next gen. EA has to start somewhere any ways. They have to start some where with making a new physics engine and such, i think it starts with the xbox2. Personally i think the engine will be good but now great, they will improve it as the years go on. But rest assure i'm pretty sure they well if they havn't yet created a new engine for madden 06 on the next gen. As rumor has it they were working on the xbox 2 madden since before the release of madden 05 anyways.

Expect madden 06 to look good for a lunach title, not super looking, nor great looking but good looking, way better than the xbox and ps2 version have ever looked.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:19 PM   #21
Rookie

supdog's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallfever
Wow It's good to hear from LBRulz, Trust me what ever this guy says take into consideration, he bascially always right

Anyways i personally think they have to start a-new here. Theres no way they could port a ps2 version to the xbox2. Just think of it, i don't think microsoft would like that. Microsoft paid good money for EA to join thier live program, and i think they expecting EA to shine this next gen. EA has to start somewhere any ways. They have to start some where with making a new physics engine and such, i think it starts with the xbox2. Personally i think the engine will be good but now great, they will improve it as the years go on. But rest assure i'm pretty sure they well if they havn't yet created a new engine for madden 06 on the next gen. As rumor has it they were working on the xbox 2 madden since before the release of madden 05 anyways.

Expect madden 06 to look good for a lunach title, not super looking, nor great looking but good looking, way better than the xbox and ps2 version have ever looked.
I dont see how Ea could of been working on Madden 06 for xbox2 a year ago since the xbox2 dev kits werent sent out until the beginning of this year. Thats why I dont see them making a new engine until 07 but we will know once E3 rolls around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2005, 10:20 PM   #22
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badboy49er
There is no way EA is going to use the old engine slightly tweaked on the new console. I would be willing to bet they have been developing a new engine from the ground up for a while. Now it might not take full advantage but what launch game ever does. No console that i recall has ever launched with an old engine on a new machine. And yes i think they will lose considerable money if they didnt launch with a next gen title.

General rule is you launch a new console with a NEW football game.(at least in the last few generations) Remember EA will be charging at least $60 for the new Madden on the new console. IMHO, i feel it will be miles apart from the current Madden now. It better be, if not how can Microsoft justify the XBOX2 as a next gen system, how could EA justify the price tag, and lastly , it certainly wont help the XBOX2 fly off the shelves like MS is anticipating.

I will see for myself in May when i go to E3, but i am fully EXPECTING Madden06 on XB2 to be a TRUE next gen title

Did you read my post that you quoted even?

No F'n where did I state that they are going to use "the old engine", WTF are you talking about?

Don't quote me on sh!t, then say something like you just did, it in no way replies to my post so please do not quote me.

I agree with much you say, but please.........use that brain a little more please.

BTW - I'll be there as well (E3).
Old 04-02-2005, 11:22 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by supdog
I dont see how Ea could of been working on Madden 06 for xbox2 a year ago since the xbox2 dev kits werent sent out until the beginning of this year. Thats why I dont see them making a new engine until 07 but we will know once E3 rolls around.
First, the dev kits were sent out before then. It take 18 months minimum to make a game now. Second, even without dev kits, once you know the system's target specs, you can start development. The dev kits simply allow you to fine tune for the specs and finally make it run on the console. However, if you know what the system will be doing, you can start developing a game before dev kits come.
Old 04-02-2005, 11:26 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 12

How close do you all think the game will come to: http://www.mastudios.com/nike.html

Do you think it will be like that or will it be better? What type of system do you think it would take to run that type of game?

Holla,

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »