Home

What new gimmick will EA hype up for Madden 06 (I'm not trolling. Honest question)

This is a discussion on What new gimmick will EA hype up for Madden 06 (I'm not trolling. Honest question) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2005, 11:37 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: What new gimmick will EA hype up for Madden 06 (I'm not trolling. Honest question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Amen brother! Since when did Madden or any other EA game become a game you have to buy year after year and hate year after year and complain about it. If you don't like it then don't buy it and quit yer whining!!

Its whining because I want the game to actually improve rather then adding a superfluous feature like "create a cheerleader" ?

You guys should be happy that people like me exisit, otherwise you would still be playing the same exact game.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:45 AM   #18
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: What new gimmick will EA hype up for Madden 06 (I'm not trolling. Honest question

I'm pretty sure the main SELL POINT on this year's title will be the NFL License.

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 03-31-2005, 12:15 PM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
I'm pretty sure the main SELL POINT on this year's title will be the NFL License.
Lol.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:37 PM   #20
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
Yep
Old 03-31-2005, 12:44 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: What new gimmick will EA hype up for Madden 06 (I'm not trolling. Honest question)

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
(I'm not trolling. Honest question)

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
They always offer us gimmicks/fluff to mask the fundamental problems in the gameplay department.

No, you're not trolling at all. Only took you til your first sentence.

Move along, there's nothing to see here.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2005, 01:01 PM   #22
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

Re: What new gimmick will EA hype up for Madden 06 (I'm not trolling. Honest question)

And I'm sure that if VC/Take Two got the NFL license, their main feature would have been actually hiring and utilizing playtesters before release this time.

(Wouldn't that have been ground-breaking?)

"Wow! Whats with "spy" and all the 15+ yard gimme routes?"

My point- both games had serious problems. ESPN just had better graphics.

So we wait and see.

(Clay and the gang, I urge you all to read your own site's review of MLB 2K5 and the DIRECT mention of the negative reputation that VC's games have been getting)

Only difference: Espn NFL 2K has been "martyred"- so the assumption that it would have been flawless next year in relation to madden is rather amusing. So EA takes the heat.

scamden, we ARE glad people like you exist. However, many of us just wish you would exist more in the ESPN NFL forums, where you truly belong.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:05 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

ESPN always had it's problems in gameplay and AI.

I remember when IGN reviewed NFL2k and gave it something like a 9.5 rating. I bought a Dreamcast specifically for that game, got home and quickly realized that I couldn't run the ball for more than 2 yards a time no matter what I did, and there was no franchise mode.

The CWB bug in NFL2k1 was an obvious flaw that any QC process should of picked up before the title was released but it wasn't.

Was ESPN more fun that Madden? Certainly, depending on what year you're comparing and who you ask.

Madden's not perfect, no game is. My biggest problem with the exclusive deal is competition and innovation. Why is it that football games annually are some of the biggest selling gaming titles across all genres yet each year it seems like the number of choices to gamers decline?
  • Tecmo won't even try another Tecmo Bowl.
  • Konami gave up after it's ESPN series was obviously inferior year in and year out.
  • Sierra cancelled the Front Page Sports series for PC. (Best ever)
  • Sony gave up on Gameday, they still say it will come out again eventually.
  • Microsoft gave up on Fever. Hell they gave up on all their sports titles for some odd reason.
  • Acclaim gave up on QB Club.
  • And now the ESPN series is gone.
EA will tell you that it doens't change anything. Other football titles aren't the only competition to Madden. They consider Halo 2, Grand Theft Auto, etc. competition. My argument is innovation comes as a result of direct competition. No one is going to convince me that GTA having a deeper single player mode is going to force EA to develop a deeper franchise mode in Madden. No way. They compete in sales not innovation. I don't really care about sales as long as I have my hands on the game, matter of fact I couldn't care if that's the only sale of the game.

Whether you're a Madden fan, ESPN fan, FPS Pro fan, whatever; the simple fact is every year that another football series bites the dust we all lose.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:11 PM   #24
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySS
Whether you're a Madden fan, ESPN fan, FPS Pro fan, whatever; the simple fact is every year that another football series bites the dust we all lose.

Truer words have never been spoken on the subject.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »