Home

Madden Preview at IGN is up

This is a discussion on Madden Preview at IGN is up within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2005, 07:17 AM   #105
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Madden Preview at IGN is up

Depends on the QB, the offensive line and its blocking scheme and what the D is doing. We can go back to the Superbowl. On that first third down when Bruschi came on the blitz, McNabb had about 2 seconds if that. The blitz was timed and executed properly. When the defense relies on its front 4 against a line with good pass blocking the QB generally will have more time, unless you got a monster like Freeney out there who was on Kyle Boller within what 3 seconds maybe less. So it depends I suppose. I'm for them killing nano BS, improving pass blocking schemes, but I'm not for those schemes to be impenetrable. If you've attacked it right and you have the athletes then don't penalize the guy on defense for anticipating correctly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2005, 01:05 PM   #106
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden Preview at IGN is up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Depends on the QB, the offensive line and its blocking scheme and what the D is doing. We can go back to the Superbowl. On that first third down when Bruschi came on the blitz, McNabb had about 2 seconds if that. The blitz was timed and executed properly. When the defense relies on its front 4 against a line with good pass blocking the QB generally will have more time, unless you got a monster like Freeney out there who was on Kyle Boller within what 3 seconds maybe less. So it depends I suppose. I'm for them killing nano BS, improving pass blocking schemes, but I'm not for those schemes to be impenetrable. If you've attacked it right and you have the athletes then don't penalize the guy on defense for anticipating correctly.
Actually, I can adapt formidably now despite the nano blitz. I just have to shift, audible, and sometimes pass very quickly. But if you have to work the "triggers" to select the WR to pass to to "see" him with this new process, it might be hard to do in the 2.5 to 3 secs you have to get the ball off. Hopefully, this is a optional mode. It should be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »