Home

NEW MADDEN 2006 PICS!!

This is a discussion on NEW MADDEN 2006 PICS!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2005, 07:00 PM   #33
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28
Re: NEW MADDEN 2006 PICS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdAnswer
I dont even see why the graphics should get an overhaul. I've always liked Maddens graphics for the most part.
I agree, while I do like it, there would be no need to change this late in this generations life cycle. I'm sure EA is hard at work on the Xbox2 version.
Old 04-16-2005, 07:43 PM   #34
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek
I agree, while I do like it, there would be no need to change this late in this generations life cycle. I'm sure EA is hard at work on the Xbox2 version.
Hopefully we'll get a glimpse of Madden on XBOX2,next month on MTV.
Old 04-16-2005, 07:45 PM   #35
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Yeah, this i basically my placeholder FB game until madden or some other FB title comes out for the X360.

Im still waiting to hear about the FOF upgrade for madden as well....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2005, 08:54 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

Just for fun here's some pics of Madden over the years with this engine. These are ALL PS2 for comparison. I personally think the biggest difference is with the lighting from last years, also look at how much better the field looks. Maybe I"ll check some of the other games to see how they evolved.

Old 04-16-2005, 09:10 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

VC Series...They don't look dramatically different but they have evolved quite nicely. Some of 2k5's sceens are particularly nice. Glad I held on to this. I'm not trying to prove anything or start anything just thought it would be interesting to see how these games progressed, graphically speaking of course.

2K2

2K3

ESPN 2004

ESPN 2005

Old 04-16-2005, 09:32 PM   #38
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
VC Series...They don't look dramatically different but they have evolved quite nicely. Some of 2k5's sceens are particularly nice. Glad I held on to this. I'm not trying to prove anything or start anything just thought it would be interesting to see how these games progressed, graphically speaking of course.

2K2

2K3

ESPN 2004

ESPN 2005
The pics don't do either game justice though. Even though I hate madden's graphics, they look better than what's in those pics. And the 2k series took a huge jump from 2k4 to 2k5 if you see both in motion.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 04-16-2005, 09:34 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
The pics don't do either game justice though. Even though I hate madden's graphics, they look better than what's in those pics. And the 2k series took a huge jump from 2k4 to 2k5 if you see both in motion.
Well remember, these are PS2 screens

Old 04-17-2005, 12:13 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 8

I think that the people that say, "Why should they change the graphics if the next-gen systems are coming out soon?" Well, I do agree partially. But I think the real problem is that Madden should have upgraded their graphics a while ago. In my opinion, I even thought ESPN should have used XBOX's capability earlier than 2K5. Madden still hasn't used the most powerful system's capability, why? When NFL2K3 made an overhall in their graphics, I expected EA to do that at least from Madden 2003 - Madden 2004, but they haven't really did it. Just some minor tweaks. Then ESPN 2K5 set the standard for what graphics should be but I still think they could make some tweaks to make them look better. Now I'm all for great gameplay, even if the graphics aren't great. But the real question is why EA hasn't really done much new in the graphics area on the current "next-gen" systems that we called 5 years ago. I think that better graphics set a foundation for a game to walk around. It makes the game more enjoyable for me. Why not have great gameplay and great graphics? Nothing is stopping this billion dollar company for just making an overhall of graphics over a 5 year period. This is just my opinion, I'm really looking foward to this years Madden and I'm liking this new vision passing thing. Sorry for the long rant, just makes me mad reading posts giving excuses for EA because they couldn't doing something with their graphics in 5 years...

Last edited by Stevo; 04-17-2005 at 12:17 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »