Home

Insight into how EA handles Madden console transitions.

This is a discussion on Insight into how EA handles Madden console transitions. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2005, 10:23 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Insight into how EA handles Madden console transitions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino13
Graphics wise the first ps2 version was better, but gameplay wise madden 2001 on the psx was better.
To each their own...

I just couldnt go back to running like robots on PSX after playing a game that was so smooth and had good gameplay [ps2]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2005, 11:28 AM   #42
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay8595
Yo man..Do you ever smile or laugh on this site man.....

I said LOL...so that meant I was laughing.....then you come outta no where being all serious...damn man....laugh for once....

"you don't know what I'm thinking and what my intentions are in the future."

Its not really that serious man....you act like im the devil on this site...lol..
You wouldn't be able to see me smile or laugh but I do, and pretty often.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 04-28-2005, 01:47 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino13
Graphics wise the first ps2 version was better, but gameplay wise madden 2001 on the psx was better.
I disagree. Once you tweaked the sliders, the PS2 version was better. The ps1 version was just unplayable after playing the ps2 version for more then 10 minutes.

The difference in blocking, passing, and overall physics was just insane.

I tried playing the ps1 version a week after and I could not believe how awful it was.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:02 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay8595
make up your mind.....you said the gameplay was horrible..but in the next sentence said "if it was better than the ps1 version,its hardly "heads and shoulders" better.......better is better......
Read my post, then comprehend it. I said the gameplay is horrible...MY OPINION. Then I said, even if it is CONSIDERED better than the PS1 version...which would be someone else's opinion, since my opinion had already been established.

Last edited by Sully; 04-28-2005 at 02:16 PM.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:10 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I thought it was awesome. I watched to vids for months in disbelief just waiting for launch. I guess some people will just never be happy.
Well, we were commenting on the gameplay. The graphics were great, but the gameplay was far from it. EA has come along way with the Madden series since its release on the PS2. We can only hope that we get a better effort with the next-gen Madden release, instead of a graphics upgrade with watered down gameplay.

Don't get me wrong. I'm going to be in line on release day, to pick this game up. I'm anticipating this game more than any other title in '05.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2005, 08:52 PM   #46
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I thought it was awesome. I watched to vids for months in disbelief just waiting for launch. I guess some people will just never be happy.
Just because you watched a bunch of videos and got excited about it doesn't mean it was good.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:48 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
Just because you watched a bunch of videos and got excited about it doesn't mean it was good.
It was still better then the ps1 version.
Old 04-29-2005, 05:12 PM   #48
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully
Well, we were commenting on the gameplay. The graphics were great, but the gameplay was far from it. EA has come along way with the Madden series since its release on the PS2. We can only hope that we get a better effort with the next-gen Madden release, instead of a graphics upgrade with watered down gameplay.

Don't get me wrong. I'm going to be in line on release day, to pick this game up. I'm anticipating this game more than any other title in '05.
The gameplay on the first NCAA released on PS2 (NCAA 2002) was absolutely atrocious. Yeah, the graphics were great, but gameplay-wise, it was the worst NCAA of all time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »