Home

QB Vision: I have a really bad feeling about this....

This is a discussion on QB Vision: I have a really bad feeling about this.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2005, 04:43 AM   #9
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: QB Vision: I have a really bad feeling about this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos81
Since they have done it for years; how did they put in the QB looking a certain direction feature?
Not even going to start arguing with you.....just read this review...and tell me isn't this the same stuff as QB Vision....

http://dreamcast.ign.com/articles/160/160960p1.html

even this one....

http://dreamcast.ign.com/articles/166/166763p1.html

Last edited by Behindshadows; 06-05-2005 at 04:46 AM.
Old 06-05-2005, 05:31 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

Okay, just read both articles, looked at all the screens, and watched all the videos. I'm still failing to see how the put in a QB looking at a certain reciever. If you can show me a sentence, or a screenshot that shows it, please do.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:38 AM   #11
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

If online or playing against a friend, the lighting of the field makes it known who your QB is looking at. Not often do you see a QB throw a no look pass. However, everyone says having that big light on the field takes them out of the game.

Well, if you are on defense against a friend or online opponent, it makes the game even more realistic. Defenses (safeties, linebackers) often look at the eyes of a QB to see where he is going to throw the ball. If you know a thing or two about football, it's best not to stare down a receiver and then throw it to him, because it gives the safeties and linebackers a jump on the ball and a possible knockdown or interception (or big hit on the receiver). So, if you are controlling the safety, and you see that the opposing QB has his vision set on a WR, then maybe you cheat to that side of the field to get that extra step for a turnover or dropped pass.

Maybe what EA/Tiburon should do is put in 2 different vision systems. One without a light (but still having the right analog stick used to swivel the head back and forth) for human versus CPU games and one with a light for human versus human games (so it adds a new dimension to the defense). It'll be a good cat and mouse game against opponents to see if the opposing QB can trick you with his eyes.

I'm excited for it, no doubt. Anything that makes the gameplay more realistic (not saying it makes the game look realistic) is good in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?

Last edited by slickdtc; 06-05-2005 at 07:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2005, 07:49 AM   #12
Banned

Trust me, vield vision is not that great, its ok and thats about it. Not to many people was that thrilled with the feature. When you swivel your head it looks a like a search light on the field. The feature can be turned off but its not that impressive. Precision is pretty good and thank you EA for adding it after about 40 years.

Don't kid yourself by thinking Vision is real, simply because the Defense dictates your vision, when you pre read at the snap. IF you want vision, I submit to you First Person Football QB progressions(ESPN 2K5) try that feature and see how it is to look through linemen and or lanes from the snap and in the pocket.

Field vision the way its handle in madden is just a fluff feature. I'll just call it "Peeking through my Beacon.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:15 AM   #13
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
Trust me, vield vision is not that great, its ok and thats about it. Not to many people was that thrilled with the feature. When you swivel your head it looks a like a search light on the field. The feature can be turned off but its not that impressive. Precision is pretty good and thank you EA for adding it after about 40 years.

Don't kid yourself by thinking Vision is real, simply because the Defense dictates your vision, when you pre read at the snap. IF you want vision, I submit to you First Person Football QB progressions(ESPN 2K5) try that feature and see how it is to look through linemen and or lanes from the snap and in the pocket.

Field vision the way its handle in madden is just a fluff feature. I'll just call it "Peeking through my Beacon.
It may not have that much of an effect, but it has some effect, and that's what needs to be done. It's better to have some then none at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 06-05-2005, 09:01 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2
Icon10 Re: QB Vision: I have a really bad feeling about this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
I hope so....because I do disagree with the feature being realistic...nothing realistic about the field lighting up, with a big beam showing where you looking..****ins the element of surprise when playing against other people.

VC and Sega did it for years its called Maximum Passing....EA put this feature in Madden and call it QB Vision...only difference is the flashlight...lol...

Really needs to be a option to turn it off....because it really would get annoying.....can't wait to see and play Next Gen Madden in November. Hope it actually comes out nicely.
how does it destroy the element of suprise, you dont have to throw to the side thats lit up. plus, you can look off recievers since the person playing you will be watching whos in your qbs vision cone anyway. i already know how umma pick people apart this year, and people like my lil brotha cant pick vick and drop back and run all day ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaa! big ups ea!
Old 06-05-2005, 11:10 AM   #15
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
If online or playing against a friend, the lighting of the field makes it known who your QB is looking at. Not often do you see a QB throw a no look pass. However, everyone says having that big light on the field takes them out of the game.

Well, if you are on defense against a friend or online opponent, it makes the game even more realistic. Defenses (safeties, linebackers) often look at the eyes of a QB to see where he is going to throw the ball. If you know a thing or two about football, it's best not to stare down a receiver and then throw it to him, because it gives the safeties and linebackers a jump on the ball and a possible knockdown or interception (or big hit on the receiver). So, if you are controlling the safety, and you see that the opposing QB has his vision set on a WR, then maybe you cheat to that side of the field to get that extra step for a turnover or dropped pass.

Maybe what EA/Tiburon should do is put in 2 different vision systems. One without a light (but still having the right analog stick used to swivel the head back and forth) for human versus CPU games and one with a light for human versus human games (so it adds a new dimension to the defense). It'll be a good cat and mouse game against opponents to see if the opposing QB can trick you with his eyes.

I'm excited for it, no doubt. Anything that makes the gameplay more realistic (not saying it makes the game look realistic) is good in my book.
When you are playing defense, you don't see a big *** light on the field that points you in the direction of the play. And some quarterbacks are good at faking like they are going to one reciever and then they throw it to a different reciever. There's no way that you can do that with the qb vision thing.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2005, 11:11 AM   #16
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by umfrumDC
how does it destroy the element of suprise, you dont have to throw to the side thats lit up. plus, you can look off recievers since the person playing you will be watching whos in your qbs vision cone anyway. i already know how umma pick people apart this year, and people like my lil brotha cant pick vick and drop back and run all day ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaa! big ups ea!
How does qb vision limit people from running?

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »