Home

qb vision system = tecmo bowl?

This is a discussion on qb vision system = tecmo bowl? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2005, 01:42 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: qb vision system = tecmo bowl?

they couldn't be more fundamentally different...
Old 06-15-2005, 02:25 PM   #10
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

they aren't even close but I won't repeat what everyone else has said (but will also add it will help determine the difference between QBs as some will be able to throw to many if not all WRs at one time while others will need to "move the cone" to hit different WRs). but the real question is...

Why do you care? Why do people always say "they stole this" and "they stole that" seriously? Who freakin cares? Nobody said this was some great form of innovation, they say it's a great idea that will help the game be more realistic. I prefer 2k5 to Madden for many reasons and if EA stole all of those reasons and added them to what Madden had I wouldn't be crying about how they weren't innovative, I'd be happy that they did something to make the game more realistic and better to me. I don't understand what you're looking to prove here.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:21 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 14

Let's just all keep in mind that this thread is all based on opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2005, 03:34 PM   #12
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
And Semantics.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:05 PM   #13
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
Why? Whether it's opinion or fact it still doesn't matter? All that matters is that the best possible game is created. Who's not going to play a game because a feature was in another game first? Even if the feature is called "revolutionary" or "innovative" or anything else, why would you not buy and play the game if the feature makes the game better? Even if it makes the game worse you won't play b/c of the bad feature, not b/c somebody else did it first. I am far from a Madden fanboy, but the only benefit of a thread like this is to get a Madden fanboy upset b/c somebody said the feature was in some other game first so it's not innovative, it's not new.

Let me save some time for other potential threads, gang tackling isn't new, using ESPN isn't new, the truck stick isn't new and if EA ever listens to all the people asking for online league setups like ESPN 2k5 then that won't be new either. While we're at it, tivo's just a super VCR with no tape, DVDs are just CDs for movies and Blockbuster online is just Netflix with a different name. Lets all say 10 hail mary's and move on.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:23 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

It's completely different, apples and oranges. However, speaking of which, am I the only one who keeps praying Tecmo will sometime make a new Tecmo Bowl for the new systems, or heck even release the "classic" Tecmo with updated graphics, sound and control.

I believe I read Tecmo was not able to get NFL/NFLPA licenses (this was before EA locked up the NFL license) and that is why they never made a new version for PS2/Xbox. However they could go back to the way Tecmo Bowl was with made up teams and real players. Or use the players from original Tecmo Bowl which would rawk. I just wish they'd release a new game.

Or if nothing else it'd be nice if someone would at least include a side view playable option in an arcade football game like maybe the NFL Blitz the League game. That would be somewhat similar in fashion to Tecmo and i'd certainly buy it.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:30 PM   #15
Run After Catch

OVR: 13

If anything it's probably closer to the passing mechanic in John Elway's Quarterback where you had to put the passing arrow over your receiver before throwing the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2005, 02:39 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 14

wwharton, you are dealing with extremes. No one is questioning whether the two games are completely different. No one is questioning what the best possible game is, what ideas are taken from one another or anything like that. This is something you brought up to get your penis all hard.

The original poster, from what I gathered, brought up the fundamentals. He's basically saying is it that much different fundamentally than tecmo's buttoning to select a receiver despite the obvious limitations of controller buttons and console generations. I say no, you say yes, others say yes. So what man.

In my opinion, on a related note, I would also say first person shooters are not fundamentally different than a Missle Command. It's still pointing and shooting--again, despite the technological advances in gaming. What I'm getting at is the general lack of innovation in gaming as a whole.

That being said the addition of qb vision in 06 Madden can only help the series in its passing game. No one is taking away from that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »