Home

John Madden to join NBC as football analyst

This is a discussion on John Madden to join NBC as football analyst within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2005, 12:25 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
John Madden to join NBC as football analyst

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...fbn_nbc_madden

I guess he won't be in the whole ESPN package deal next year after all. Anybody think that played a part in it (if any) to keep talks open for the "Madden NFL" name?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2005, 01:03 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: John Madden to join NBC as football analyst

This has been posted in the pro football forum as well.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:22 PM   #3
MVP

LetsGo0akland's Arena

OVR: 13

I wonder how this will play out on his video games, because when he jumped from FOX to ABC, they changed his co-analyst from Pat Summeral (FOX) to Al Michaels (ABC). I wonder who his sidekick will be and if they will be featured in the game in 2006. Also, this kinda puts a damper on EA's ESPN deal because I'm not sure they can put Madden/new sidekick in a game with ESPN presentation. If they can, it would just not look right since he would be with NBC.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:51 PM   #4
Sweettouch

Dame's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFly
I wonder how this will play out on his video games, because when he jumped from FOX to ABC, they changed his co-analyst from Pat Summeral (FOX) to Al Michaels (ABC). I wonder who his sidekick will be and if they will be featured in the game in 2006. Also, this kinda puts a damper on EA's ESPN deal because I'm not sure they can put Madden/new sidekick in a game with ESPN presentation. If they can, it would just not look right since he would be with NBC.
he havent signed on for next years video game as of yet so him going to nbc might notbe a problem if he wasnt going to be in the game at all
Old 06-15-2005, 05:56 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFly
It could be a problem for EA as they would need to cut a deal with NBC. Also I don't think they could mix ESPN talent with NBC talent. My guess is that the game will change names after next year. This would not be such a bad thing as I belive ESPN Football has a greater upside for EA then Madden Football. Remember Madden is getting old and this would have to happen anyway some day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2005, 06:19 PM   #6
MVP

LetsGo0akland's Arena

OVR: 13

As long as the name isn't ********, and the gameplay is the same, I'll be happy.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:37 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 22

Honestly..i feel its time EAsports got rid of the Madden name and commentary for their NFL Football game. Madden just dont cut it as a play by play guy for a videogame..he's not bad listening to when watching a real NFL football game but he just seems to make their videogame feel abit drab with his commentary.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »