Home

I'M BUYING A 42" PLASMA FOR XBOX360 AND MADDEN

This is a discussion on I'M BUYING A 42" PLASMA FOR XBOX360 AND MADDEN within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2005, 10:53 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: I'M BUYING A 42" PLASMA FOR XBOX360 AND MADDEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainesdaddy
not that big of an issue, the plasma tv only has a life span of 3 to 5 years no fixing or repairing, dead tele, also the burn in factor. dlp, lcd is definitely the way to go. without going into detail, trust me on this, these are things i must know or i get fired.
you should be fired then. Plasma tv's life span is NOT 3-5 years. I suppose you work at Best Buy or something. 30,000 hours is what most companies say, some of the newer ones are 60,000 hours. LCD, Plasma and CRT (Regular TV's) all have roughly the same lifespan which is 30,000 hours
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2005, 11:03 PM   #42
Pro

Shamrock_11's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
I bought a far more humble 32" Samsung HDTV to go with my 360. I am also upgrading my Audio components. But if you look to the left you'll see why I would want to be a little more conservative. He gets whatever he needs first. I still can't wait for my 360. Somehow my priorities are changing; just a bit
Congrats man! A new baby boy and the Bengals win the Super Bowl all in the same year! (Unless you're a lowly Brown's fan )
Edit - Love your sig. PS3 - The biggest hype machine ever known to mankind.
Old 06-19-2005, 11:33 PM   #43
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
you should be fired then. Plasma tv's life span is NOT 3-5 years. I suppose you work at Best Buy or something. 30,000 hours is what most companies say, some of the newer ones are 60,000 hours. LCD, Plasma and CRT (Regular TV's) all have roughly the same lifespan which is 30,000 hours
He is actually correct about the Plasma TVs having a shorter lifespan. If you're not counting repairs, then the Plasma TVs have long enough span. But these TVs need repairs to their screens, which can cost more than half the TV cost. I have been told the TVs to hold out for are called DPL, DLP or something like that. They use mirrors so you can see a fully-bright picture from any angle. That's what makes the Plasma screen so great, but the costly repairs in the long run don't.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:54 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOKOO
Im curious to know who else is upgrading their system in anticipation of next gen consoles and the new and improved next gen Madden.

I have a 53" projection downstairs. But I hear that since next gen gaming will support HDTV and will have super clear graphics I fear my 53" projection wont be able to take true advantage of the technological advancements of next generation gaming consoles.

Thanks to the California RE market and my RE license I will be buying the 42" NEC 42XM3. 1024 by 768 resolution and capable of displaying 68 billion colors. Im also going to buy the HP Media Center z545 since I will bundle my pc and entertainment system. Im keeping my Xbox and 53" projection downstairs. I will just wall mount the plasma screen upstairs in my master bedroom. I will connect the HP Media Center via DVI so it will be my DVR, cpu and dvd player bundled into one...In November..when I acquire my Xbox 360 and Madden 360 I will hook it up to the super high res NEC 42XM3 and veg out on gaming..I will take days off of work..load up on cheetos and soda..kick my wife out of the room..I plan on being an unshaven, fat nasty insomniac gamer when it first comes out..it will be great..cant wait!!!
Well thank god, at least someone here has there priorities straight.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:08 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 5

it's been a couple of days since i've been on considering i have a life outside of gaming all day, and nit picking about VIDEO GAMES, but i forgot you guys know everything there is to know about everything, just trying to help. and by the way you must get your info from best buy, because I sure as h*** wouldnt shop there, and no way a manufacturer would lie about the facts of there product now would they, gullible sons of .....................
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2005, 07:30 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
it's been a couple of days since i've been on considering i have a life outside of gaming all day, and nit picking about VIDEO GAMES

you may have a life, but you don't know anything about plasma tv's. Scary part is your job depends on it.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:41 PM   #47
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
you may have a life, but you don't know anything about plasma tv's. Scary part is your job depends on it.

This all, was a great read on setups.

Gotta love the " these are things i must know or i get fired." it's the line of the year!

Considering how off his statements were.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:11 PM   #48
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

After a ton of research, I picked up a Samsung DLP. Best purchase I have made in years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »