Home

Madden 2006: Playoff Atmosphere?

This is a discussion on Madden 2006: Playoff Atmosphere? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 03:32 PM   #9
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Madden 2006: Playoff Atmosphere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
Well just because its the best SELLING game doesnt automatically make it the BEST GAME. Thats just your opinion. Kinda like cars. Microsoft has the best selling Operating System in Windows, but many computer and IT authorities will tell you Apple's OSX is a far superior operating system. So what you said doesnt exactly hold up when you really look at it. Heck the Honda Accord was the best selling car in 2003, but that doesnt mean it was the BEST car. Alot of experts would tell you for the Money, the BMW M3 is the best car out there, but for every BMW M3 that was bought, 1000 honda accords were bought, for one, the car is cheaper...bšt better? Nah, dont think so kid.

In my opinoin (let me get in my asbestos fire suite for the flamers)...IMO Madden is the best selling football game with AVERAGE effort put into innovating it.

Its not hard for EA to do for Madden what they Did for Tripple Play ala MVP. But as long as mindless drones continue to pump buy Madden every year because thats what they see all the time and wht they know EA doesnt have to do jack. Why spend the loot to do what they did with thier baseball game when Madden is selling just nicely as is? If it were my company and all I cared about was my bottom line and profit margin, I wouldnt innovate the game either until I felt like I was really feeling like I was being forced to.

For the record, I AM buying Madden, lets just consider it my Plan B. because Plan A. (NFL2K) is no more. Im not gonna be without a pro football game. So I will bend over and take it in the bootay to get my NFL fix this season.
I wouldest not exactly word such sentiments as didst thou...but I sho'nuf does agrees anyways.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 06-23-2005, 04:03 PM   #10
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Tiburon, VC, and the fever team have all promised this for years but haven't delivered. Even if they said that they will have playoff atmosphere, I won't believe it until I see it for myself.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 06-24-2005, 11:14 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Tiburon, VC, and the fever team have all promised this for years but haven't delivered. Even if they said that they will have playoff atmosphere, I won't believe it until I see it for myself.
Agreed. I am surprised that Playoff Atmosphere has not made its way into NFL video gaming yet. I am quite certain that the majority of gamers out there want it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2005, 01:55 PM   #12
Banned

Since it has been awhile that this thread was in the forefront, I thought I would post again to see if anyone had any information on this subject. Especially since we see more and more Madden Development tidbits lately. Any word yet on Playoff-Specific Atmosphere?
Old 07-18-2005, 08:41 PM   #13
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18

I for one hope that Madden will have a play-off atmosphere. Tiburon can do it with the NCAA series so I'm hoping that they can do it in Madden...

So far, I haven't heard anything about that yet so we'll have to wait and see
Old 07-18-2005, 09:20 PM   #14
Pro

It's one of those things that for some reason or another just hasn't made it in there. Just like 40 man rosters on a baseball game. MVP doesn't have them. Neither does MLB 06. Not sure about MLB2k5 though but that game is buggiest thing ever.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:44 PM   #15
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I am glad I am not the only one who has been waiting for this for years. Why is this so hard?...for all sports games. Developers watch these games on TV, can't they notice the different feeling between a playoff game in Green Bay and the season opener in San Diego? Can't they notice the difference between an NHL game 7 in Montreal, and a Phoenix/Florida dual? Even the announcers only make token references in the playoffs.

Heck, even Tecmo Super Bowl had different music for the playoffs, and they had a cutscene for winning the conference championship. Tecmo was pretty limited by technology, but at least they knew the playoffs were big and made an attempt at it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2005, 01:17 PM   #16
Banned

It is frustrating as hell. Instead of wasting time on crap like 'Bling My So Def Pad Dawgs' developers should concentrate on really blowing out the Playoffs in their games. This is the most elementary of features in video games and gamers ALWAYS like it. I call this the 'Pac-Man Fruit Effect'–give the gamer a visual that he only gets to see by achieving a certain level, and they will want to play it even more to see what the next 'goodie' is. Same thing here. Give the gamer a new look, sound and feel for the Playoffs and they will take the regular season more seriously to try to get there.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »