Home

Madden 2006: Playoff Atmosphere?

This is a discussion on Madden 2006: Playoff Atmosphere? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 12:31 PM   #25
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Madden 2006: Playoff Atmosphere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Lord_Vader
Here is my answer. It is 'Gangsta-Style' because:

1) The name 'Crib' comes from gang mentality.

2) The logo for 'The Crib' is some guy's fist with huge rings on it—promoting violence and greed. Two more 'Gangsta-Style' images.

3) The default song when you enter 'The Crib' is a rap song—the chosen audio entertainment of gangs.

Shall I continue or have I proven my point?
LOL, this is officially one of the most ignorant and racist comments I've heard on this board and I've been here 4 yrs. I've never been in or known anyone in a gang and I have used the word "crib." Its urban slang not a gang term.

As for 2 and 3, i'm just speechless. Violence and Greed? The image shows violence and greed? How about the whole sport of football promotes violence and greed but I dont see you having a problem with that.

Also, that rap comment is equally just as ignorant.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2005, 12:53 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
LOL, this is officially one of the most ignorant and racist comments I've heard on this board and I've been here 4 yrs. I've never been in or known anyone in a gang and I have used the word "crib." Its urban slang not a gang term.

As for 2 and 3, i'm just speechless. Violence and Greed? The image shows violence and greed? How about the whole sport of football promotes violence and greed but I dont see you having a problem with that.

Also, that rap comment is equally just as ignorant.
If I'm ignorant then you are just flat-out BLIND! How do you live with yourself in such denial? By the way genius, race was not brought into this by me. YOU are responsible for that move.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:57 PM   #27
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Here is my answer. It is 'Gangsta-Style' because:

1) The name 'Crib' comes from gang mentality.

2) The logo for 'The Crib' is some guy's fist with huge rings on it—promoting violence and greed. Two more 'Gangsta-Style' images.

3) The default song when you enter 'The Crib' is a rap song—the chosen audio entertainment of gangs.

Shall I continue or have I proven my point?
funny, I thought it was just a take off of shows like MTV Cribs (which is really a modernization of "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous", where they show famous people's houses...it's as if you're famous, being the owner of a sports team)...didn't really get the "gangsta" aspect, but that's just me. Popular culture isn't associating the term "Crib" with "gangstas" anymore, maybe in the past, but times have changed.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:57 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slymm21
I really hope that you were joking with those reason...Pirates like rings, and jewelry, are they Gangsters?
I have not seen any pirates around here lately in the year 2005. Do you know of any that I can interview?

Since you think that I made such an outrageous statement, do the research for yourself. Keep an eye on the news for any gang-related crimes. I guarantee you that 90% of the perpetrators that you see have big, overstated, outlandish jewelry.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:59 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
Popular culture isn't associating the term "Crib" with "gangstas" anymore, maybe in the past, but times have changed.
You may be right. I personally try to avoid this type of 'culture' so I am not up to date on their terminology. So what would be the word for 'home' in the gang culture today?
Old 07-20-2005, 01:14 PM   #30
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
If I'm ignorant then you are just flat-out BLIND! How do you live with yourself in such denial? By the way genius, race was not brought into this by me. YOU are responsible for that move.
Genius? LOL. Yep, I brought up race because you are to scared to say what you wanted to say. You use veiled statements to cover up the fact that when you refer to "gangs" you really mean "urban blacks." I cant respect people like you who dont say what you mean. I'm sure you werent referencing the skinheads or the hispanic esas when you mentioned that rap was the soundtrack to gangs.

Also, 90% of gang members have big outlandish jewelry? LOL, cmon man you cant be serious. I dont know whats funnier the fact that you actually believe that or the fact you begin every post like Mr. Rogers (Hey, Maddenites!)

As for being blind, You just admitted that you dont keep up with the "gang" terminology, so how can you intelligently speak on something you dont fully understand. Thats why I called you (and still call u) ignorant. I dont throw that word around lightly but it fits here. You have no idea what your talking about and you made an ignorant statement. We all have done it at one time. Just suck it up and move on.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:48 PM   #31
Th* m*n...

Slymm's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
You may be right. I personally try to avoid this type of 'culture' so I am not up to date on their terminology. So what would be the word for 'home' in the gang culture today?
Home?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2005, 02:10 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Genius? LOL. Yep, I brought up race because you are to scared to say what you wanted to say.
Good. You may not be a complete lost cause. You had the courage to admit your mistake.

Quote:
You use veiled statements to cover up the fact that when you refer to "gangs" you really mean "urban blacks."
I thought you preferred the new term, 'African-American'? It's 'Urban Black' now? Geesh! This is hard to keep up with!

Quote:
I cant respect people like you who dont say what you mean. I'm sure you werent referencing the skinheads or the hispanic esas when you mentioned that rap was the soundtrack to gangs.
That's fine. Doesn't bother me a bit. Respect is earned and I have zero desire to earn it from you.

Quote:
Also, 90% of gang members have big outlandish jewelry? LOL, cmon man you cant be serious. I dont know whats funnier the fact that you actually believe that or the fact you begin every post like Mr. Rogers (Hey, Maddenites!)
Hey ahol! (Amazing how appropriate your name is.) Would you settle for 89%?

Quote:
As for being blind, You just admitted that you dont keep up with the "gang" terminology, so how can you intelligently speak on something you dont fully understand.
I don't understand a whole hell of a lot about Doppler Weather Radar Systems either, but I can still look outside and tell you if it is raining with 100% accuracy. You don't really need an 'expertise' in Gangology 101 to say that most of them like a lot of jewelry.

Quote:
Thats why I called you (and still call u) ignorant.
Den I's gawnna hafta cawl yu a imbecile.

Quote:
You have no idea what your talking about and you made an ignorant statement. We all have done it at one time. Just suck it up and move on.
Oh good! You wish to move on. Me too. Can you answer my original question about Madden 2006 Playoff Atmosphere? You never got around to it while in the middle of your diatribe.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »