Home

why is there no info on PSP version?

This is a discussion on why is there no info on PSP version? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2005, 12:22 AM   #9
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: why is there no info on PSP version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
There was a guy over at MP who said he played the PSP game in it's early developement at E3 and he said the game is very good. The PSP controller will take time to get use to but he said even the early build of the game was solid. You can see a large portion of the field kinda like FIFA but with bigger player modules.
yeah the guy was me ....it played pretty damn good if you ask me ..
Old 06-28-2005, 01:53 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 1

The fact that they mentioned that PS2 franchise and roster save files would be compatible with the PSP version leaves me wondering how in the hell that works since Madden on average takes up 3 gigs of DVD and the max a UMD holds is 1 gig. Now that's not to say that it directly affects save memory space, but there's going to be a lot of compressed code for certain situations that occur in the game. Also, the fact that NO sports game on the PSP has been released to have multi-season playing capability also leaves me wondering if EA is in over their head and might have to strip down features before even a gold announcement.

Having said all this, I don't expect a September release and more of something along the lines of the end of the year.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:53 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 8

The ability to play PS2 franchise games on the PSP is what is making me switch back to the PS2 version of NCAA and Madden this year. I will miss saving to the hard drive, but connectivity to the PSP is just too cool.

I wish it came out in august though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2005, 03:03 PM   #12
Pro

GoldSox's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilmer
The ability to play PS2 franchise games on the PSP is what is making me switch back to the PS2 version of NCAA and Madden this year. I will miss saving to the hard drive, but connectivity to the PSP is just too cool.

I wish it came out in august though.
Wha...

Where did you get that info? Do you mean that if I have a franchise going on my PS2, I can somehow import that information to play one of my franchise games on my PSP?
Old 07-01-2005, 03:17 PM   #13
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldSox
Wha...

Where did you get that info? Do you mean that if I have a franchise going on my PS2, I can somehow import that information to play one of my franchise games on my PSP?
http://psp.ign.com/articles/616/616315p1.html
Old 07-03-2005, 10:30 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 8

Great feature ain't it

I have been wanting a decent portable football game and since NFL Street 2 transferred to the PSP really well, I have high hopes for Madden. Being able to sinc Franchise with the PS2 is gravy.
Old 07-04-2005, 03:07 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 13

I wish that you could do that with the Xbox version too, but you can't. I don't see why it would be that hard.

By the way, For the PSP the game is supposed to come out in Sep. but I wouldn't be suprised if it was pushed to October. By then I will be looking foward to NBA Live and the NBA Live PSP version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2005, 03:22 PM   #16
Rookie

yopis's Arena

OVR: 7

I really want this game bad but jeez nothing it's not even on the main site.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »