Home

So will we get two Maddens?

This is a discussion on So will we get two Maddens? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2005, 12:02 AM   #9
Pro

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: So will we get two Maddens?

They'd be silly to skip a launch. There is so much money to be made with a shiny new next-gen Madden?
Old 07-07-2005, 03:51 AM   #10
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLO
Not only can you not look for any additional features, but you can almost be certain that a lot of the "features" of this generations Madden will NOT be included on the 360 version. EA has a wonderful habit of getting rid of "features" when the next generation comes out and selling their games based off good graphics alone, then as the years go by they simply re-impliment the features back into the games and try to convince everyone that they are "revolutionizing" gameplay...EA sucks!

A perfect example is the "move the batter around in the batters box" that was only added to MVP last year. That feature had been in baseball games for over a decade but when the xbox/ps2 generation of baseball games first came out EA removed it as an option. Now all of a sudden thier supposed to be brilliant for adding something to the game that is over 10 years old? Give me a break.
Your very first sentence is the most likely scenario. The rest is just pure EA bashing garbage. Do you have a clue as to what it takes in man hours to create a new engine for a videogame? Sometimes features get dropped. It's all in the name of getting the product out in time.

Old 07-07-2005, 04:52 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
The rest is just pure EA bashing garbage.
Except that it's all correct... It's what they do. And no, I'm afraid it has nothing to do with "time", and everything to do with "psychology" and "manipulation"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2005, 11:25 AM   #12
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Except that it's all correct... It's what they do. And no, I'm afraid it has nothing to do with "time", and everything to do with "psychology" and "manipulation"
No, it isn't correct.

I'm still waiting for an acceptable reason why you EA bashers have yet to form your own company to release the "perfect" football game. I mean since it's so easy and everything, and EA is just toying with its consumers. And don't talk of exclusivity and EA's size. If you have the superior product, you should be able to sell it. Of course it's easier to sit on your butt and come up with half-baked theories and complain all the time.

Old 07-07-2005, 11:44 AM   #13
Banned

Quote:
No, it isn't correct.
It's correct... and go ahead and wait away. One either sees and understands how EA operates as a company, or they don't. You don't apparently. And I'm not in the habit of explaining the obvious.

Last edited by baa7; 07-07-2005 at 11:46 AM.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:46 AM   #14
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Your very first sentence is the most likely scenario. The rest is just pure EA bashing garbage. Do you have a clue as to what it takes in man hours to create a new engine for a videogame? Sometimes features get dropped. It's all in the name of getting the product out in time.
Now that's a load of garbage. No one would have a problem if they would admit that they are understaffed and are just unable to put the features back in but ea acts like when they put old features in, that they are revoutionary.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 07-07-2005, 11:47 AM   #15
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
No, it isn't correct.

I'm still waiting for an acceptable reason why you EA bashers have yet to form your own company to release the "perfect" football game. I mean since it's so easy and everything, and EA is just toying with its consumers. And don't talk of exclusivity and EA's size. If you have the superior product, you should be able to sell it. Of course it's easier to sit on your butt and come up with half-baked theories and complain all the time.
It must be interesting living in a place where logic doesn't exist.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2005, 12:39 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
It must be interesting living in a place where logic doesn't exist.
I don’t see it as a lack of logic. I see that some are simply interested in the games, and disinterested in exploring the realities underlying EA and their business practices. That’s all. And that’s why there’s little point in explaining or arguing any of it.

And given this a “gaming” site, maybe the “bashing” actually DOESN’T belong here. I generally don’t even bother getting involved with this pretty pointless exercise – that is, except when someone tries to tell me “That’s NOT correct”

It’s correct…

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »