Home

Info/impressions/pics from EA trip

This is a discussion on Info/impressions/pics from EA trip within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2005, 01:58 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 14
Re: Info/impressions/pics from EA trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Personally, a halftime show would be #192 on my "things that need to be added to Madden" list. I can think of a lot better ways for the development team to spend their time than on a extended cutscene.
yeah, that kinda thing is worthless to me. After a week people skip those things anyway.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:43 PM   #18
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastapadre
yeah, that kinda thing is worthless to me. After a week people skip those things anyway.
That's news to me.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 07-18-2005, 02:46 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
same here

|Washington Redskins| |Alabama Crimson Tide| |Boston Redsox| |Georgetown Hoyas|

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
You moron they didn't even put out a patch yet.
LMAO
Old 07-18-2005, 02:49 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
well in one of the impressions, he shows Randy Moss completely blowing by a B&R attempt. Hopefully thats a sign that it wont be as effective...considering who the players are and maybe even tying fatigue and penalties into it.
I wish they had the video of it, ready to see it in action.

|Washington Redskins| |Alabama Crimson Tide| |Boston Redsox| |Georgetown Hoyas|

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
You moron they didn't even put out a patch yet.
LMAO
Old 07-18-2005, 03:46 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 15

It looks like Madden is going to be more of a sim than ever before. Great impressions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2005, 04:06 PM   #22
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

It looks like Madden is taking some of the 2k series features and adding them in. This is great to hear for me.

I am not sure where I read it, but I think they even added the on the fly audibles in the playcalling screen. By far one of the best features I liked about playcalling in 2k. Is this possible in NCAA as well?

I also liked reading about the 10 step drop back. Even if it means that you may feel cheated by the computer some times, this will eliminate a lot of the cheddar online.

The running game feels much better in NCAA 06 from what I remember (I have been a big 2k player for the past few years), which is another great sign for Madden since the article mentioned it to be similar.

This is one 2k fan who is finally looking forward to a Madden game again!
Old 07-18-2005, 04:12 PM   #23
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrivera34
It looks like Madden is taking some of the 2k series features and adding them in. This is great to hear for me.

I am not sure where I read it, but I think they even added the on the fly audibles in the playcalling screen. By far one of the best features I liked about playcalling in 2k. Is this possible in NCAA as well?

I also liked reading about the 10 step drop back. Even if it means that you may feel cheated by the computer some times, this will eliminate a lot of the cheddar online.

The running game feels much better in NCAA 06 from what I remember (I have been a big 2k player for the past few years), which is another great sign for Madden since the article mentioned it to be similar.

This is one 2k fan who is finally looking forward to a Madden game again!
They do have on the fly audibles in NCAA (it's described under "New Features", but it's been in since last year). I don't know for certain if it will be in Madden. However, Madden 06 will have four preset audibles per formation in addition to the 5 off./5 def. custom audibles of previous editions.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:43 PM   #24
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
They do have on the fly audibles in NCAA (it's described under "New Features", but it's been in since last year). I don't know for certain if it will be in Madden. However, Madden 06 will have four preset audibles per formation in addition to the 5 off./5 def. custom audibles of previous editions.
Maybe it was the NCAA 06 manual that I read it from

Having that many preset audibles sounds like enough, even it the on the fly audibles are not in Madden.

Thanks for the info.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »