Home

my take on the exclusive NFL license

This is a discussion on my take on the exclusive NFL license within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 09:43 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: my take on the exclusive NFL license

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock_11
The reason EA got freaked is because of Take-Two. I don't think there's another third party game developer/publisher in North America that's as close to EA in size as Take-Two. We're talking about Grand Theft Auto cash backing up the 2K series, and EA was'nt going to stand for it. Just my theory.
Come on, we are talking Battlefield money, Sim money, Madden money, and Fight Night money. Give it up with the EA was scared nonsense. Take Two could never touch Madden sales.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2005, 09:55 AM   #26
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by PodSquad
I think that EA got pissed that 2k5 came out for $20, did their math, and realized they could buy exclusive rights, charge $50, and really never have to work hard on Madden again.
If memory serves, there were reports when the deal went down that stated that the NFL was none too thrilled with the $20.00 pricing strategy either. That may very well have played a role in the NFL's decision making process.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:03 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2legit
Come on, we are talking Battlefield money, Sim money, Madden money, and Fight Night money. Give it up with the EA was scared nonsense. Take Two could never touch Madden sales.

EA would not have bought an exclusive license if Take Two could not "touch Madden sales"
Old 07-27-2005, 01:26 PM   #28
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
If memory serves, there were reports when the deal went down that stated that the NFL was none too thrilled with the $20.00 pricing strategy either. That may very well have played a role in the NFL's decision making process.
No, the NFL saw the money from EA and took it. ESPN on the other hand was pissed off by the $20 price, got tired of looking like a second rate product, and went with EA. ESPN had allways wanted to market in the videogame market, but had to start small (Konami) and work their way up.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:43 PM   #29
MVP

drae2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
No, the NFL saw the money from EA and took it. ESPN on the other hand was pissed off by the $20 price, got tired of looking like a second rate product, and went with EA. ESPN had allways wanted to market in the videogame market, but had to start small (Konami) and work their way up.
I don't know what game you saw last year, but 2k5 was ANYTHING but second rate. Go check all of the reviews. Madden has been for years just been getting by on it's name alone.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:01 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
EA would not have bought an exclusive license if Take Two could not "touch Madden sales"
Show me some proof that they were even close in sales.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:04 PM   #31
MVP

drae2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2legit
Show me some proof that they were even close in sales.

Actually, it's a fact that 2k5 was out sold on the ps2, but out sold Madden on the X-Box.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2005, 02:30 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2
Actually, it's a fact that 2k5 was out sold on the ps2, but out sold Madden on the X-Box.
What were the total sale?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »