Home

4 Minute Q's

This is a discussion on 4 Minute Q's within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2005, 07:14 AM   #1
Rookie

Deltron's Arena

OVR: 5
4 Minute Q's

Coming from a 2k background for the last 3 years I'm sort of disappointed that ranked games will still be 4 minute quarters. I know that 5 minute quarters isn't all that much more but even those are pretty short and a long drive can nearly eat up a half.

How do ranked games work out with the 4 minute quarters? Is the time that runs off the play clock shortened? And overall is it something that you get used to?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2005, 07:58 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 14
Re: 4 Minute Q's

no, its just really lame. But it sounded like they actually were considering cutting it to even shorter quarters this year, so I guess rank players should be thankful they have that lol. The two ranked (hardcore) games I played moved along too fast, and you're too rushed (same as 2005). And it would only be worse if you play the wrong person.

I just avoid playing ranked games. My league games are 6 minutes, on All-Madden and the other people I play roll with the same setup. Which I think is the perfect balance and allows for the right type of flow to the game.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:18 AM   #3
Rookie

Deltron's Arena

OVR: 5

I've participated in a few seasons of online football in my 2k days and 6 minutes Q's seemed to work out perfectly for league games, not too long but not too short either.

However, I don't think I'll have time to join any leagues this year so I think I'm going to be mainly stuck with the ranked setup. I can barely imagine playing 4 minute quarters, and anything less would seem almost pointless. I don't suppose there's much chance of them changing the length?
Old 07-31-2005, 08:24 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltron
However, I don't think I'll have time to join any leagues this year so I think I'm going to be mainly stuck with the ranked setup. I can barely imagine playing 4 minute quarters, and anything less would seem almost pointless. I don't suppose there's much chance of them changing the length?
unfortunately, no. It seems the general feedback they get is that the majority of online players (which is not us) think the game is too long as it is. Phil Frazier on the Maddennation radio show said that idealy the ranked game would last 20 minutes. Which is why it sounded to me like they might drop to 3 minute q's, or even 2 minute q's (to match the Madden Challenge). At least that didnt happen.

I just wish they would track your record and stats in unranked games. I dont care about rank, but would appreciate seeing those things as the year progresses. Why they cant keep track of that for you while not counting the game into the rank system...I dont know.
Old 07-31-2005, 09:49 PM   #5
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastapadre
unfortunately, no. It seems the general feedback they get is that the majority of online players (which is not us) think the game is too long as it is. Phil Frazier on the Maddennation radio show said that idealy the ranked game would last 20 minutes. Which is why it sounded to me like they might drop to 3 minute q's, or even 2 minute q's (to match the Madden Challenge). At least that didnt happen.
3 Minute Quarters??? I don't play online or in Madden Challenges, but it doesn't sound like their would be too many punts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2005, 09:56 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Why the hell are ranked game 4 min quarters?!?!?!?!?

Eh well, I mostly play non ranked games anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »