Home

Tips on playing safety...

This is a discussion on Tips on playing safety... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2005, 06:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Tips on playing safety...

Normally I control the MLB on defense, but lately I've seen alot of people controlling the safety and getting like 5+ picks. So I was wondering if anyone here could sharte any tips on playing safety.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2005, 01:27 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Tips on playing safety...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaVaccaFoeda
Normally I control the MLB on defense, but lately I've seen alot of people controlling the safety and getting like 5+ picks. So I was wondering if anyone here could sharte any tips on playing safety.
Sometimes I play FS, who is lined up on the left side.

It's a guessing game really. If a guy is running alot of streaks with the WR, have your FS play inside the WR about 15 yards off the line, and backpeddle as soon as the ball is snapped. If you think it is going to a slant, stand over the Left Tackle, about 10 yards off the line, move foward or backwards depending on the depth of the WR route
IF you think it will be an out route or sideline route, stand over the WR 10 yards of the line and get ready to move back or foward to make a interception

This is effective if you know what the person you play likes to call. If you can't guess right, you'll need to have a FS that can make up for mistakes with closing speed. And you'll be chasing the play from behind to try and make one insted of trying to anticipate it.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:34 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

ive been playing FS in madden since 1999, i started playing there to help out on the opponents #1 WR, but madden has since flipped where he lines up, always felt i could have the most impact on a play playing FS

tips...hmm well its all instinct and reaction time really but heres a couple things to keep in mind

-know your responsibilities

-if u are deep help dont bite on play-action or get caught out of position
-against the run, read and react and cut off the outside if possible

-if your responsibility is man up on the HB or FB, dont hesitate to roam around and cut off other receivers routes if they look like the qb might throw to them (HB and FB usually arent that deadly out of the backfield)

-play the db swat drill on all-madden and get used the the angles and different swats and and interception animations, theres a certain distance and angle to do each swat and int, the amount of space u have to cover in the all-madden drill will help your in-game reaction time and stick skills

-experience will tell you where u need to be to make plays on certain routes

-i also like blitzing with the FS off the edge or thru the LT-LG gap, if im successful a few times, your opponent will have an extra thing to worry about then u get in his head and fake the blitz before the snap

-i also like baiting the qb to throw to someone that seems open (u probably dont want to risk this too much until your comfortable playing the position)

hope this helps

Currently Playing
Fight Night Rd. 4 (360)
UFC Undisputed (360)
FIFA 09 (360)
MLB: The Show 09 (PS3)
Old 08-02-2005, 09:04 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockgeez04
ive been playing FS in madden since 1999, i started playing there to help out on the opponents #1 WR, but madden has since flipped where he lines up, always felt i could have the most impact on a play playing FS

tips...hmm well its all instinct and reaction time really but heres a couple things to keep in mind

-know your responsibilities

-if u are deep help dont bite on play-action or get caught out of position
-against the run, read and react and cut off the outside if possible

-if your responsibility is man up on the HB or FB, dont hesitate to roam around and cut off other receivers routes if they look like the qb might throw to them (HB and FB usually arent that deadly out of the backfield)

-play the db swat drill on all-madden and get used the the angles and different swats and and interception animations, theres a certain distance and angle to do each swat and int, the amount of space u have to cover in the all-madden drill will help your in-game reaction time and stick skills

-experience will tell you where u need to be to make plays on certain routes

-i also like blitzing with the FS off the edge or thru the LT-LG gap, if im successful a few times, your opponent will have an extra thing to worry about then u get in his head and fake the blitz before the snap

-i also like baiting the qb to throw to someone that seems open (u probably dont want to risk this too much until your comfortable playing the position)

hope this helps

Nicely done...It is rare to find those who will make a genuine effort to help.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »