Home

OXM Madden 2006 Review

This is a discussion on OXM Madden 2006 Review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2005, 07:55 PM   #25
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: OXM Madden 2006 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCE
Madden has done very little to improve the Gameplay in their product over the years that's why it's repetitive.

What they need to do is be as dedicated as 2k was to improving their game year in and year out.......

how long has madden been out?

How long was 2k out?

Think about it and you should be able to figure where i am going with this without me writing it down

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2005, 07:58 PM   #26
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef423
Im going to have to agree...

People will be using the "all-blitz" play more then ever now...seeing as how its an extra step to pass the ball. This QB vision thing is a complete rip off from the "read and lead" on Fever....lmao @ EA.

chef

you know that the vision cone can be turned off don't you?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-03-2005, 08:36 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
This QB vision thing is a complete rip off from the "read and lead" on Fever....lmao @ EA.

Good. Since Fever isn't around anymore, I'm glad that someone FINALLY picked up on that passing idea.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:00 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erod
My biggest problem with reviews is that, anymore, it's like they want EA or whoever to reinvent the game of football each year.

Part of the reason games get repetitive is that (1) we've played them for years, which is repetitive, and (2) it's always a FOOTBALL game, which is repetitive.

Even if you make 25-30 good adjustments to a game, it's still videogame football. That's not the developers fault.

OUTSTANDING!
Old 08-04-2005, 10:06 AM   #29
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Im going to have to agree...

People will be using the "all-blitz" play more then ever now...seeing as how its an extra step to pass the ball. This QB vision thing is a complete rip off from the "read and lead" on Fever....lmao @ EA.

chef
This poster has acheived the impressive feat of demonstrating complete ignorance concerning two different games in a single post.

These two passing systems could not be more different. Fever's passing system involved moving a cursor around the field, and then passing the ball to a specific spot. Vision Passing is an improved icon-based passing system that attempts to put realistic limits on where the gamer can throw the ball based on the abilities of the virtual qb he is controlling. R & L put the emphasis on the skill of the gamer, VP emphasizes the skill of the virtual qb.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:13 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troller
Madden getting an 8.0 makes sense and I can accept that but based on the same reasons that madden got a lower score how did they give Ncaa a 9.3? That's fairly hypocritical of OXM. What was the huge innovation in Ncaa that made it deserving of such a high score while madden fell from grace? Compare the two:
Madden Ncaa
Graphical upgrades= little or none little or none
Basic roster update= yes yes
commentary upgrades= none none(corso worse)
New feature= V@P and superstar Impact and RFTH

Maybe Madden got hosed a little and Ncaa got overrated. Ncaa did nothing to stand out 1.3 points higher than Madden this year. Make them both low if you want, but that is just random reviewing in my opinion. Throw a dart, "hey what did you hit, an eight?" Lets roll with it.
Personally, I like NCAA better than Madden. Truth be told, I like college ball better than the NFL, but to try and be honest, the commentary on Madden ruins the entire game for me. The audio in NCAA is head and shoulders above it, easily 1.3 points better. The commentary in Madden simply isn't fluid. Al Michaels sentences are horribly pieced together. It reminds me of a computer program from the 80's, where you could type a sentence into the computer and the computer would read it back to you in a robotic voice reminiscent of Stephen Hawking. As for the future, I think NCAA's is brightest.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:28 PM   #31
K13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eski33
Received my new copy of Official XBox Magazine and the score Madden 2006 received was an 8.0. The reviewer stated it is the same game with new rosters and the cone vision passing (which the reviewer liked). The reviewer stated that the Superstar mode was weak. Madden 2005 recieved a 9.3. Trust me, no Madden ***** here. Somewhat disappointing review. Let the 360 version be sweet.....

NHL 2006 was also reviewed and it received an 8.8 with high marks in improved graphics (best of the series) and gameplay.

Thought you would all like to know about the earliest review.....
NHL 2006?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2005, 07:40 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
you know that the vision cone can be turned off don't you?

aside from t he vision passing, there are few other changes to the game this year. sure there are a few other changes, but i have the game and trust me that its not very different at all from last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »