Home

OXM Madden 2006 Review

This is a discussion on OXM Madden 2006 Review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2005, 08:36 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 28
OXM Madden 2006 Review

Received my new copy of Official XBox Magazine and the score Madden 2006 received was an 8.0. The reviewer stated it is the same game with new rosters and the cone vision passing (which the reviewer liked). The reviewer stated that the Superstar mode was weak. Madden 2005 recieved a 9.3. Trust me, no Madden ***** here. Somewhat disappointing review. Let the 360 version be sweet.....

NHL 2006 was also reviewed and it received an 8.8 with high marks in improved graphics (best of the series) and gameplay.

Thought you would all like to know about the earliest review.....

Last edited by Eski33; 08-02-2005 at 08:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2005, 08:53 PM   #2
Banned

chef423's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: OXM Madden 2006 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eski33
Received my new copy of Official XBox Magazine and the score Madden 2006 received was an 8.0. The reviewer stated it is the same game with new rosters and the cone vision passing (which the reviewer liked). The reviewer stated that the Superstar mode was weak. Madden 2005 recieved a 9.3. Trust me, no Madden ***** here. Somewhat disappointing review. Let the 360 version be sweet.....

NHL 2006 was also reviewed and it received an 8.8 with high marks in improved graphics (best of the series) and gameplay.

Thought you would all like to know about the earliest review.....
Im going to have to agree...

People will be using the "all-blitz" play more then ever now...seeing as how its an extra step to pass the ball. This QB vision thing is a complete rip off from the "read and lead" on Fever....lmao @ EA.

chef
Old 08-02-2005, 09:01 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef423
People will be using the "all-blitz" play more then ever now...seeing as how its an extra step to pass the ball.
And as soon as someone does that, I'll use hot routes and lock onto one reciever. Pretty simple to get around, it's already been said.
Quote:
This QB vision thing is a complete rip off from the "read and lead" on Fever....lmao @ EA.
How do you figure?

Laugh all you want at EA, they are the ones making millions/billions of dollars while you sit at home and laugh at the.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:03 PM   #4
Banned

chef423's Arena

^^^

complete EA whore and loser.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:31 PM   #5
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
^^^

complete EA whore and loser.
You've been warned before.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:41 PM   #6
Banned

An 8.0? Seems like a very honest review of Madden finally. Not the over-the-top 9.0's thrown at it just because it's EA. nice
Old 08-02-2005, 10:57 PM   #7
Banned

Madden getting an 8.0 makes sense and I can accept that but based on the same reasons that madden got a lower score how did they give Ncaa a 9.3? That's fairly hypocritical of OXM. What was the huge innovation in Ncaa that made it deserving of such a high score while madden fell from grace? Compare the two:
Madden Ncaa
Graphical upgrades= little or none little or none
Basic roster update= yes yes
commentary upgrades= none none(corso worse)
New feature= V@P and superstar Impact and RFTH

Maybe Madden got hosed a little and Ncaa got overrated. Ncaa did nothing to stand out 1.3 points higher than Madden this year. Make them both low if you want, but that is just random reviewing in my opinion. Throw a dart, "hey what did you hit, an eight?" Lets roll with it.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:12 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troller
Madden getting an 8.0 makes sense and I can accept that but based on the same reasons that madden got a lower score how did they give Ncaa a 9.3? That's fairly hypocritical of OXM. What was the huge innovation in Ncaa that made it deserving of such a high score while madden fell from grace? Compare the two:
Madden Ncaa
Graphical upgrades= little or none little or none
Basic roster update= yes yes
commentary upgrades= none none(corso worse)
New feature= V@P and superstar Impact and RFTH

Maybe Madden got hosed a little and Ncaa got overrated. Ncaa did nothing to stand out 1.3 points higher than Madden this year. Make them both low if you want, but that is just random reviewing in my opinion. Throw a dart, "hey what did you hit, an eight?" Lets roll with it.
Yep, you are right!

This is just all the more reason for people to realize that video game reviews no longer mean anything. Ultimately it comes down to your own review after thoroughly playing the game yourself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »