Home

EGM Review of Madden 06

This is a discussion on EGM Review of Madden 06 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2005, 12:02 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
EGM Review of Madden 06

They gave it a 8.5, 9.0, and 9.5. I can't post it but I'll give a little summary.

IN the little red box:
Good: NFL Superstar Mode, improved running lanes
Bad: Overcomplicated passing system
Still to come this year: Madden for the PSP and 360(I don't know why I posted that but it was there)

Okay, None of they three reviewers said that the passing cone was great. The best there was was "While the feature fosters a sense of realism, it also unnecessarily complicates your aerial attack." They said that the passing cone wasn't needed and it made passing complicated. One said he hoped they change it for the 360 version. they said that they were more impressed with the little things like the truck stick, the much better running lanes, precision passing, smart routes. They also liked the Superstar mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2005, 12:49 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: EGM Review of Madden 06

I personally dont trust the EGM reviewers most of the time, especially when it comes to sports games since none of them are sports gamers, after last years debacle with their ratings for espn ( they actually said MAdden 2005 had better graphics for those who dont remember)

If they dont like the passing cone then ill probably love it, plus im sure you can turn it off
Old 08-04-2005, 10:35 AM   #3
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles_Yuhas
They gave it a 8.5, 9.0, and 9.5. I can't post it but I'll give a little summary.

IN the little red box:
Good: NFL Superstar Mode, improved running lanes
Bad: Overcomplicated passing system
Still to come this year: Madden for the PSP and 360(I don't know why I posted that but it was there)

Okay, None of they three reviewers said that the passing cone was great. The best there was was "While the feature fosters a sense of realism, it also unnecessarily complicates your aerial attack." They said that the passing cone wasn't needed and it made passing complicated. One said he hoped they change it for the 360 version. they said that they were more impressed with the little things like the truck stick, the much better running lanes, precision passing, smart routes. They also liked the Superstar mode.
The fact that non-hardcore football fans aren't wild about vision passing is to be expected. It wasn't designed with those folks in mind.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:40 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 14

I doubt all the players at Madden Challenges won't be so wild about it either.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:18 PM   #5
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
The fact that non-hardcore football fans aren't wild about vision passing is to be expected. It wasn't designed with those folks in mind.
I totally agree..The passing cone will seperate true fooball strategists from arcade players..You will have to actually read a defense noe..no more chucking the ball 50 yards after dropping back 20 yards..plus isn't there an option to turn it off!!..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2005, 03:39 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Nowadays I'm not really sold on just the number rating a reviewer gives a game. It's about explaining his/her experience with the game.

That said, I'll save my opinions on the vision cone when the game gets some stick time.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:44 PM   #7
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
If they dont like the passing cone then ill probably love it, plus im sure you can turn it off
EGM always does that, even if it's an optional feature.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:50 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
I totally agree..The passing cone will seperate true fooball strategists from arcade players..You will have to actually read a defense noe..no more chucking the ball 50 yards after dropping back 20 yards..plus isn't there an option to turn it off!!..
Actually, you can turn it off, but there is a price, you can't use the precision passing feature.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »