Home

Madden 2006 Experiments

This is a discussion on Madden 2006 Experiments within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2005, 05:10 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Madden 2006 Experiments

Quote:
Originally Posted by spin16
Doesn't bother you that you can easily pound the CPU year in year out without much effort? Why bother playing the game then?
Because it's FUN for some people. You know, that thing that got you into games in the first place.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2005, 05:15 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 5

I like the management aspects too, but that's also pretty useless when I can put together a superbowl winner 10 consecutive years -- just simulating all games, mind you -- without a whole lot of effort. I can set up "rules" for myself to make it harder (e.g., no trading with the CPU) but generally such rules require removing some fun aspect of the team management.

And to answer your other question, if the injury slider wasn't in there, there's a good chance I wouldn't get 2006, and I'd just stick with 2005 for whenever I need my Madden fix.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:15 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos81
Because it's FUN for some people. You know, that thing that got you into games in the first place.
Fair enough dude, I can appreciate that. Hopefully you can appreciate that I'm looking for a challenge.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:22 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

I say if you don't agree with experimenting, lets just not post in this thread. Obviously it is important to some people, so let them discuss it. I won't post another reply in this thread.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:23 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

I do. I look for a challenge as well, I just don't have the time to go as far as you do looking for it.

I'm kind of in the middle. I will mess with sliders for as long as it takes me to get the game to play well when I'm playing it. As for adjusting ratings and things like that, I just don't have the time to do that, and play a game. And I'd rather be playing a game then adjusting ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2005, 05:33 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
I say if you don't agree with experimenting, lets just not post in this thread. Obviously it is important to some people, so let them discuss it. I won't post another reply in this thread.
Sounds good to me.

It's kind of interesting to compare the responses on this thread to the responses last year, when we basically did the same thing:

Madden Wishlist has Madden 2005, Will Answer Questions
Old 08-04-2005, 06:18 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 10

Solutions? Spin16, throughout this thread you claim your purpose is for, solutions. After looking through your test list, a lot of the tests will most likely, have no solution. A solution that can be only fixed by programming.

Quote:
(1) Test the injury slider. Crank it all the way to the maximum value, and count injuries in a game -- see if a very large number of injuries result.

(2) Repeat #1 for the false start slider.
That is nitpicking. False start? Injuries?...to actually point that out as if it is a huge problem, that is nitpicking. False start, the only thing you can do is up the penalty slider, and that's it. As for injuries, same deal. Not that big of a deal.

Quote:
(10) See if they fixed the safety regression problem -- for some reason, safeties consistently get worse in the playoffs in 2005.

(11) Redo player weight experiment for offensive line described here:

http://www.maddenwishlist.com/info/sizes.php
Now that is just rediculous. Saftey regression? Player weight for offensive line? This is a video game. How do you want to fix this problem? lol

There is more ignorant ideas on your list that really is nitpicking, but you should get the idea.

I don't know how you see Madden as, but I see it as a video game. You look at it as homework. A lab. Truthfully, I really don't care what you do it's your game you bought it. But the idea of what you are doing...is just a bit far, IMO.

Last edited by MVPlaya; 08-04-2005 at 06:26 PM.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:42 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by spin16
Sounds good to me.

It's kind of interesting to compare the responses on this thread to the responses last year, when we basically did the same thing:

Madden Wishlist has Madden 2005, Will Answer Questions
The thing is, that thread started off with you having the game and playing it. This thread started off without you having the game and playing it and will continue until Tuesday when it is released.

That is why there is such a big difference between the threads.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »