Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2005, 10:32 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: IGN Review

8.8/10. I'm surprised but then again I guess IGN had some very lofty expectations for EA/Madden.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:34 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

"That said, it was only a matter of time before the streak had to end. Madden NFL 06 could very well be remembered as the game that didn't improve enough over its counterpart -- and for the first time in years, became a little less fun to play."
Old 08-05-2005, 10:42 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifiok25
"That said, it was only a matter of time before the streak had to end. Madden NFL 06 could very well be remembered as the game that didn't improve enough over its counterpart -- and for the first time in years, became a little less fun to play."

I am not surprised one bit by the score. IGN showed their cards earlier this month in their previews of the game by making many negative comments. I will take my time now to read the review and see what the guy had to say. I'll be back with my opinion on Craig Beridon's opinion.

Old 08-05-2005, 10:53 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

It appears the reviewer thought the new passing system catered more to the hardcore/sim crowd and that a "casual" gamer would find it too difficult. I see this as a tremendous positive for the majority of us who post here. Funny thing is, he didn't mention you could turn the new passing feature off and play it the old way. With that said, I'll probably love the new Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2005, 11:03 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

I hate to say it, but that review got me excited for the game. I haven't enjoyed Madden the last couple of years, but I really think I am going to like the new passing system. I could definitely see how it is going to make the game much harder to just pick up and play though, so I also wouldn't be surprised to see it disappear next season.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:04 PM   #7
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman
It appears the reviewer thought the new passing system catered more to the hardcore/sim crowd and that a "casual" gamer would find it too difficult. I see this as a tremendous positive for the majority of us who post here. Funny thing is, he didn't mention you could turn the new passing feature off and play it the old way. With that said, I'll probably love the new Madden.
To be honest with you the reviewer made it sound like the new cone passing system was a gimmick if you really read what he is saying, yeah he say's it hard but he never said that it make the game more sim like with the cone passing. He also said that when running the ball up the middle it's like the D already knows where your going to run, that's kinda how the D was programed this year because of the cone passing. Well I have Madden preorded and now I'm kinda second guessing buying it now, I mean the guy really made it sound Madden really is only a Roster update this year, he did say the franchise mode rocks as always, and thats a good thing, cause thats all I play is franchise mode, well it's like this if I get Madden I think the first thing I'm going to do is turn the Cone passing off, why you ask, he said when playing on All-Pro or Madden that when using the cone passing it's almost like you have no time to throw the ball, and that may bother me. Amyway I'm just not excited anymore to get Madden, that only my opinion, and hell I may not get it at all. It looking more like 2k5 with updated rosters for me as of right now. I just don't wanna shell out $50 for a roster update ya know. Oh well I guess I decide by monday, I got Madden half paid for already too.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

Last edited by RoyalBoyle78; 08-05-2005 at 11:06 PM.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:05 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman
I agree completely. It sounds like poor little IGN is out of their comfort zone with the added difficulty of V&P. I loved this part, especially the bolded line:

Quote:
In addition, just as Madden's little brother NCAA Football 2006, the control schemes have been changed. Assuming you don't choose your receiver pre-snap, the button string needed to execute the precision passing/QB vision is sequenced something like this (let's use the PS2 controller layout for example purposes):

Step one: (X button) Hikes the ball.
Step two: Hold the R1 trigger and press corresponding receiver button to lock on QB Vision.
Step three: Direct the pass behind/above/ahead of receiver (precision passing) and press same button to throw the ball.

Calculate if you will, the time that takes, and how simple it is to complete while Ed Reed is flying toward you on a safety blitz. Not Easy. Play on All-Pro or All-Madden difficulty, and you'll only have time to make one or two reads before your QB is lying facedown in the dirt with six sweaty linemen on top of him. It's a lot to ask of the casual Madden player to get used to, but I doubt QB vision was integrated with this faction of players in mind. Don't bet on QB vision to be on Madden 2007 for PS3, 360, or Revolution come next summer, either.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that just about how it is in real life?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »