Home

Vision and Precision gimmick or no gimmick?

This is a discussion on Vision and Precision gimmick or no gimmick? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2005, 06:26 PM   #33
Video Game Dev

Spear's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Vision and Precision gimmick or no gimmick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha
I think of it like this: I as in myself have always had vision and awareness. I snap the ball, and I look at my primary WR, if the defense takes it away, I quickly have a 2nd and third option that I scroll through. The problem with this is, it doesn't matter who your QB was, I could win with Quincy Carter, I could win with Romo or even Testeverde. Now with the cone, it will cause me to move my thumb with my eyes, and the QB will have a vision cone that I have to look through instead of me seeing the whole field. Basically I have to see through the specific Qb's eyes. This is why I like the concept so much better. I'm no longer playing Qb through my eyes, but through the players' eyes.
Perfectly said. Thats my view on it as well.

Join our Discord to learn more - https://discord.gg/v8aFWkmYMT!

http://www.varsityvideogame.com
https://www.spearinteractive.com
Old 08-08-2005, 10:14 PM   #34
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

I think its a sweet addition, and by no means a gimmick. Its very, very simple if you hold down R as soon as you snap the ball, and always remember double-tap your selected reciever..once to switch the cone, and one to throw. Its alot easier than some folks make it sound. Thats how I've been doing it anyway. I don't even bother moving the cone around until I'm ready to throw. I think a ton of players will have a hard time trying to keep their cone aimed at whatever they are actually looknig at...and thats completely unnseccessary.

The only thing I don't like about the concept itself, is that while I understand its meant to represent where the QB is looking, in reality, not every defensive player on the field has the luxury of locking in on a quarterbacks eyes. The cone allows every defensive player on the field a bit of a handicap.

That said, it works very well, forces cheezers to play more realistically, and it allows crafty players to look-off coverages...so its all good, IMO.

Last edited by HMcCoy; 08-08-2005 at 10:23 PM.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:46 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sark
In the tutorial it says that you won't be able to pass with as much precision as someone using it. Not sure how true that is though. Will not using it allow you to bust out the "fade 30 and toss" offense?
I'm of the opinion that's EXACTLY what it means. No V&P; then back to old school madden qb: fade 30 & toss a perfect pass.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »