Home

8.2 review...Gamespot

This is a discussion on 8.2 review...Gamespot within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2005, 10:19 PM   #33
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: 8.2 review...Gamespot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spills22
Okay, you're not a ****** but can you send me your $50 and not give it to EA. I'll send you updated rosters in exchange. I need the money to pay for my Action Replay.
I think maybe you should rent the game first, and this is coming from a 2K fan, I still play 2K5 everyday......At least rent it first...........Reviews are only people opinions, and yours maybe be different from the reviewers out there.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-08-2005, 10:20 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spills22
Okay, you're not a ****** but can you send me your $50 and not give it to EA. I'll send you updated rosters in exchange. I need the money to pay for my Action Replay.
the irony here is that the reviews that have been hard on the game have been due to not liking the new features like the cone and superstar mode...not that its the same game. People ask for innovation and additions, then bash when they provide it. Just funny to me...

either way a review is just one person's opinion. Make up your own mind on if you like/dislike a game.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:21 PM   #35
Vyce3

OVR:

I stopped trusting Alex Navarro's reviews a few years ago...

And he showed us time after time that I'm right. The guy is an idiot. Just watch him in the video where he compares 2k5 with 2005 with another guy. At some point he starts yelling ''Franchise mode is for geeks!!! GEEEEEEEKSS GEEEEEEEEEEEEKS!!!!!'' Come on... look at him...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2005, 10:22 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
I think the reviewers are to the point now where they dont have much new stuff to review on when it comes to Madden. Sure there is the Superstar mode, and the QB cone but those are all gimmicks put into the game. I think since EA more or less has recycled the game (not completely but for the most part it has been) NOW reviewers are saying "okay EA, youre the only show in town STEP IT UP". I dont think its sour grapes. I think some Madden heads are quick to judge a reviewer who doesnt give thier favorite game a super review. Its almost like anyone who doesnt agree with you is either stupid or doesnt know what they are talking about. I knew this would happen though. I knew after EA got the exclusive deal Madden was still gonna be...well Madden..2005, 2004, 2003.. and so on. I think reviewers are more or less saying "okay you got the deal, you say its going to help you innovate your game by leaps and bounds... ummmm.... where is the leaps and bounds of innovation?" No I dont think Madden would have got this low of a score if there were other NFL titles this year but like I said, when youre the only show in town, reviewers are going to REALLY be watching you and your game that you put out every year. I think the 8.2 isnt because the game sucks cuz I dont think it does. Madden was cool last year, and the year before and the year before that and Im sure its cool this year cuz it was cool last year (get my joke? ha ha ha). Seriously though I think EA will continue to see this trend of reviews from now on until they actually innovate thier game. I guess the GOOD thing for EA is that this is it for the current gen. Next gen starts it all over. But could you imagine? If reviewers are jabbing at EA now for 2006 being a tweaked 2005 with some new features could you imagine if this years next gen Madden (outside of closeups and replays) is more or less the current gen Madden? I think reviewers will rip them apart even more. If gamespot gives the current gen an 8.2..and next gen seems to be the current gen just ported over I could easily foresee something like another 8.2 or even an 8. If they are catching heat FINALLY for recycling their game, just imagine how much heat they are gonig to catch if you can put Xbox and Xbox 360 next to each other and you really dont know which is which.

Oh well........ To be honest though, if you like 2006 then great and hell with the reviews. Different strokes for different folks. Im sure Im gonna like it as much as I can for a Madden game. Madden fanboys though in a sick and twisted way should be HAPPY that Madden is getting sub par reviews. Game companies care about reviews. A few poor reviews from well known sites and magazines can dooma game for that year. So maybe subpar reviews will force EA to step it up. I know fanboys will flame me but actually im trying to help you guys out. You love EA and you love Madden, just imagine how much MORE youd love it if or when they actually innovate the game COMPLETELY? Its a win/win for you guys. Im not a Madden ***** Im just trying to get EA to make the best football game possible..and to be honest in my opinion, although Madden has never sucked, I think it has the potential to be WAY better than what it has been. I guess kinda like a kid who plays great defence in basketball and is a good rebounder. Say with those skills he's a first round draft pick...and you think "man if he would just develop a jumper and improve his ball handling skills hed be the number one pick"...then you get frustrated cuz you look at his talent as a waste. If Madden didnt have the potential to be twice as good as it is now I wouldnt be so hard on EA. I would just say "well youve done the best you can, cant knock you for that"...but I think they can.

Maaannnn.... I couldn't agree with you more. I really want EA to STEP IT UP. THEY HAVE THE RESOURCES AVAILABLE TO MAKE A TRULY REVOLUTIONARY GAME! Don't we as football junkies deserve the VERY BEST? I hope they do it. I will buy it on XBOX 360 if it looks and plays like a NEXT GEN GAME.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:25 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastapadre
the irony here is that the reviews that have been hard on the game have been due to not liking the new features like the cone and superstar mode...not that its the same game. People ask for innovation and additions, then bash when they provide it. Just funny to me...

either way a review is just one person's opinion. Make up your own mind on if you like/dislike a game.
& you know this to be true? So, they are 'bashing' the game (IGN 8.8) (Gamespot 8.2) cause they aren't good enough with the new features? Stop with the excuses.. Ppl claim reviews mean nothing, yet they make excuses for why their opinion is 'wrong'..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 08-08-2005, 10:28 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
& you know this to be true? So, they are 'bashing' the game (IGN 8.8) (Gamespot 8.2) cause they aren't good enough with the new features? Stop with the excuses.. Ppl claim reviews mean nothing, yet they make excuses for why their opinion is 'wrong'..
who said it was right or wrong? Apparently you because I didnt. Im just making a point on how its being reviewed, not arguing their overall verdict even though I may disagree on many points. Its one person's opinion.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:33 PM   #39
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastapadre

How is continuosly adding gimmicks to a 6 year old engine that dates back to 2000 innovative? I praise EA for trying with Playmaker, V&P Cone vision, and tightening up their gameplay. I want to see a graphical upgrade, tv style presentation, realistic draft based on team needs, and so forth.

It seems like with every Madden the replays are less and less which really hampers the presentation. I will still buy this game to give it a chance, I hate spending $50 twice this year with Madden 360 on the way.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:34 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
This is what I found, that really has me worried.....
This is from there review...

Can anyone confirm this who has the game, is so this would be a bummer bigtime. I'm going to pick up my copy at midnight, is anyone can check this I thank you very much.

Correct me if I am wrong but when a QB gets sacked during a pass play, the amount of yardage he is sacked is deducted from pass yardage.. so if he has 100 yards passing and gets sacked for a 10 yard loss, he now has 90 yards passing

I am not sure what he is talking about

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »