Home

question about the new passing system

This is a discussion on question about the new passing system within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2005, 09:23 AM   #9
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70
Re: question about the new passing system

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgoulet
I am a 2k5 fan as well. I got madden and I am already done with it. Back to 2k5 for me. The animation you are talking about is still there. The pace is too fast when you are on defense. Most of the time the play is over without you getting a chance to be involved. The running game is weak, real weak. The vision passing, aka flashlight cam, is probably the gayest feature of all. You can, however, turn off this feature if you wish.
I'm going on a limb here to say you don't have it. Also, watch the language. Your description of the "flashlight cam" isn't needed. You can pick another adjective, I'm sure.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:25 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

I do have the game.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:30 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
I'm going on a limb here to say you don't have it. Also, watch the language. Your description of the "flashlight cam" isn't needed. You can pick another adjective, I'm sure.

Unless the "flashlight cam" turned in to a man and started hitting on the poster, I totally agree. That's about the worst adjective to describe something and it's used all the time.

http://www.capsblueline.com
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2005, 09:30 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
I do have the game.

Anybody who plays madden knows about this lamo animation, Im searching right now for stats on Swatted passes by linebackers and they dont exist from what I can find. So there are basically no swatted passes by LBs in the NFL unless they are swatting the ball away at the receivers hands but in madden they are your main pass defenders and they block the pass 10 yards in front of the receiver when the ball is like 15 feet in the air.

Im just hoping this is remedied with the cone cus Im sure the stupid animation still exists.

Last edited by illidan; 08-09-2005 at 09:32 AM.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:32 AM   #13
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Ok guys, this is my fault, don't question him owning the game. I was just trying to stop a thread turning into a Madden bash thread when it's about the passing icons. Again, we don't care if you have a problem with the game, and you can post what you feel about it (within reason obviously), but I don't want it ruining a thread.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:34 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
I am a 2k5 fan as well. I got madden and I am already done with it. Back to 2k5 for me. The animation you are talking about is still there. The pace is too fast when you are on defense. Most of the time the play is over without you getting a chance to be involved. The running game is weak, real weak. The vision passing, aka flashlight cam, is probably the gayest feature of all. You can, however, turn off this feature if you wish.

- It's too bad about that animation.

- About the game being too fast on defense...itsn't that realistic? I mean I usually control a DT or LB and throughout the course of a real game DT's will be involved in maybe...2-4 tackles and LBs 5-8; most of the time th eplay isn't going to come to you or if it does someone else will make the tackle.

- I think the vision passing is a great idea, finally something other than throw power and throw accuracy matter; personally I can't think of a better way to incorporate QB awareness (one of the most crucial attributes). And as you mentioned, you can turn it off so what's the big deal?

http://www.capsblueline.com
Old 08-09-2005, 09:34 AM   #15
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Quote:

Man that was quick. I guess alot of peeps stay with what they are used to tho...

I say give it more of a chance than that timeframe but whatever, I don't care who plays and who doesnt', it's not like there is a football game war anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2005, 09:56 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGetz
- It's too bad about that animation.

- About the game being too fast on defense...itsn't that realistic? I mean I usually control a DT or LB and throughout the course of a real game DT's will be involved in maybe...2-4 tackles and LBs 5-8; most of the time th eplay isn't going to come to you or if it does someone else will make the tackle.

- I think the vision passing is a great idea, finally something other than throw power and throw accuracy matter; personally I can't think of a better way to incorporate QB awareness (one of the most crucial attributes). And as you mentioned, you can turn it off so what's the big deal?
I think the vision passing is a good idea; I just don't like the way it is presented. I think it would look better if the receivers icon simply lit up when they are in view, rather than making it appear as though there is a floodlight on the qb's helmet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »