Home

Why Madden audio is so boring anymore

This is a discussion on Why Madden audio is so boring anymore within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2005, 04:24 PM   #9
OS Member #242

gopadres's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Why Madden audio is so boring anymore

I like the way Brad Nessler gets excited on big plays in NCAA. His voice inflection goes up on long pass completions. "He goes up...and gets it!!!"
Old 08-09-2005, 04:32 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11

Okay to be honest here is my theory on why I dont want real famous people doing the broadcasting.

1. Famous people have "prima donna" potential. Meaning for Madden to sit down and record enough stuff that its nice and fresh like the 2k series commentary would be "alot" of work for John Madden. I mean hes a rich famous celebrity. He's not going to sit down and record 400 first and last names, etc etc...hes going to do the minium and get his money. Hes got "more important" things to do than to record ALL of that stuff. I could honestly see him sitting there recording and after an hour standing up and saying "am i done? can I go now?"

2. Non famous people DONT have that "prima donna" syndrome. Those people who did the stuff for 2k5 and before are just voice actors. Someone like that who doesnt have "more important" things to do will sit there and really work thier butts off to give us enough stuff that everyones name gets said and furthermore something like this falls under thier speicailty. On top of that im sure its waaaay cheaper and less red tape to have someone like that come in than say get someone uber famous.

3. I like NCAA because even 15 seasons into the game, everyone's name has a voice name in the database. They will say everyones name. On Madden all you really have is pre recorded names of the current NFL players. If rookies come into the game a few seasons later and thier generated first and last name doesnt match whats already in the database (whish is just the first and last name of the current nfl rosters) then you get "a hard hitting sack by number 55". So after a while the game looses its personality and it increases the "boring" factor. Id love to see a name thing like they do with College Hoops.

I dont mind someone famous handling the commentary, but if they arent going to go the full mile with it id rather them not.

Last edited by blackceasar; 08-09-2005 at 04:35 PM.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:36 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

Well, they cant call the game Madden and not have Madden in the game in some function. I think we can be all but assured Madden will be in this game until the day he dies, well actually he will continue to be in the game until the next version of the game comes out after his death. I think it was dumb by EA to tie themselves to Madden, I mean now I can see how it makes sense, people know the series by the moniker and a name change would likely result in losses but back when the game first came out they should have gone with a more generic name, its not like the game became such a success story because people all love John Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2005, 05:03 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK47
Well, they cant call the game Madden and not have Madden in the game in some function. I think we can be all but assured Madden will be in this game until the day he dies, well actually he will continue to be in the game until the next version of the game comes out after his death. I think it was dumb by EA to tie themselves to Madden, I mean now I can see how it makes sense, people know the series by the moniker and a name change would likely result in losses but back when the game first came out they should have gone with a more generic name, its not like the game became such a success story because people all love John Madden.
Youre exactly right. EA's first football title could have been called anything from Walter Payton Football to 1st and 10 (or any other football related term) and it would still be as successful today as it is. Why dont they just leave him on the cover of the box and let him voice over the "passing cone" lessons and get some REAL voice actors in there to give some REAL commentary.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:15 PM   #13
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
Youre exactly right. EA's first football title could have been called anything from Walter Payton Football to 1st and 10 (or any other football related term) and it would still be as successful today as it is. Why dont they just leave him on the cover of the box and let him voice over the "passing cone" lessons and get some REAL voice actors in there to give some REAL commentary.
I heard the agreement with Madden means John has to be a commentator in the game. Not sure if that is true or not though.

My Blog
Old 08-09-2005, 05:47 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2xgamers
I heard the agreement with Madden means John has to be a commentator in the game. Not sure if that is true or not though.
OH MAN! Say it isnt so!!!! Im going to jump out the window of this 3 story building and become a cripple. lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »