Home

Cone Vision/Precision Passing

This is a discussion on Cone Vision/Precision Passing within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2005, 05:54 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Cone Vision/Precision Passing

The cone vision is there. The precision passing is not. Throwing the ball wildly OUTSIDE of the cone is there. Throwing the ball accurately WITHIN the cone, is not. Why? The DB's are still over-the-top. I won't get into a full fledge bash of it, because it's unnecessary. My point is this however, I actually would appreciate this Flashlight QB feature, if the DB's weren't leaping 10 feet in the air still. It's very very hard to get balls over the DB's.

Even if I could get balls over the DB's, and even overthrow the receiver a few times I'd be happy, but I have YET to overthrow a receiver, without the DB jumping out of the stadium to swat the pass down. Clearly beaten on the play. So I will disagree with anyone bashing this feature, because it is effective when throwing off the backfoot cheesers try to get around it. But for God's sake EA, TONE DOWN THE FREAKIN DB's!!!!!! <--protest of DB's LOLOLOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2005, 06:04 PM   #2
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Cone Vision/Precision Passing

You obviously haven't given 06 a chance as I just threw off my back foot and guess what, 1 out of 5 passes complete. (1 INT)

Also as for DB's, they are better, I don't know why you exaggerate it. Maybe try lowering the difficulty? (not being sarcastic, im serious) I have completed deep passes fine. Not too many but a realistic amount although a few more overthrown balls would of been nice.

My Blog
Old 08-09-2005, 06:30 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

^^^ Like he said....maybe you just not good enough to play in the difficulty your playing....im not having trouble and im on all-pro.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:19 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli
^^^ Like he said....maybe you just not good enough to play in the difficulty your playing....im not having trouble and im on all-pro.
Always the stupid reply of the year^^^^^

I play All-Madden Hardcore online, offline I play All-Pro. EITHER WAY, changing the freakin levels has nothing to do with DB's leaping and defending passes the way they do. I've also noticed the USER CATCH JETPACK on slants and over the middle routes. And I've played 11 games so far which is WELL enough games to make a decision on the actual core gameplay.

All else is nothing to me if the gameplay doesn't live up to par.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:39 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 8

I havent played the game enough but I did notice in a game vs the falcons (I was the colts) that Vick was staring down the same guy from the snap and my Dbs didnt seem to jump on it like the EA guys said dbs would. Naturally though the CPU Dbs were able to jump on one of my WRs depsite me not staring him down and only looking/throwing to him at the last second. My guy was wide open when I looked at him and threw the ball and I got picked off with the flat footed throw. hehe.

I am about to start my franchise so I will have more opinions on the DB play but I fully expect the Dbs for the CPU to be boosted as they were last year regardless of their ratings as the OP mentions.

I like the vision cone thing but I do agree the precision passing thing seems useless. I have pressed in each direction and the throw seems to be the same. Odd.

Last edited by steveo; 08-09-2005 at 09:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2005, 10:22 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgcityClev
Always the stupid reply of the year^^^^^

I play All-Madden Hardcore online, offline I play All-Pro. EITHER WAY, changing the freakin levels has nothing to do with DB's leaping and defending passes the way they do. I've also noticed the USER CATCH JETPACK on slants and over the middle routes. And I've played 11 games so far which is WELL enough games to make a decision on the actual core gameplay.

All else is nothing to me if the gameplay doesn't live up to par.
LOL you would know about stupid posts from your NCAA posts....and like i said i dont have that problem and it does has something to do with level of play....its called DEFENSIVE AWARENESS.

And Steveo i dont know what your talking about....precision passing is working wonders for me
Old 08-09-2005, 10:43 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli
LOL you would know about stupid posts from your NCAA posts....and like i said i dont have that problem and it does has something to do with level of play....its called DEFENSIVE AWARENESS.

And Steveo i dont know what your talking about....precision passing is working wonders for me

How do you do the precision passing without having your QB move? If I want to stay in the pocket, is it possible to do the precision passing also? I am asking because the control to move the QB is also the same control as precision passing. I cant seem to do it,
Old 08-09-2005, 10:46 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

From what limited time I had to play I thought it was pretty cool.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »