Home

Madden 2006 vs. NFL 2K6

This is a discussion on Madden 2006 vs. NFL 2K6 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2005, 12:06 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 13
Re: Madden 2006 vs. NFL 2K6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
I really try to stay away from threads like this but I guess I couldnt help myself this time. I dont really care who approached who first in respects to the NFL deal, and Im sure if the shoe was on the other foot you people bashing EA for getting the deal certainly wouldnt be bashing TT for getting the same deal, in fact I dont hear anything from anyone here about TT getting the whole MLB deal either, sounds like a double standard to me. Before anyone tries to correct me like I dont know what Im talking about, I already know that the deal TT has allows competition, just not from third party companies, which oddly enough only includes EA and Midway and last I checked nobody was worried that Slugfest was going to overtake anyone in terms of sales and or profits. The 2k series did some things perfect for me, and Madden provides a different experience but fun also, but what I cant understand is the people that act as if they have hatred toward EA for getting the deal with the NFL but the company they praise did nearly the same thing with the MLB, and I might go out on a limb and say that TT really screwed up that whole deal anyways, they should have been the only provider of MLB games, because with the MLB series having grown over the last few years and having a pretty loyal following, their deal wont pay off in the end if you ask me. And my last point, EA was never concerned with TT to the extent people are claiming around here, the reason they sold so many copies is because of the price point they set for the game, I worked at a video game store at the time and I cant count the amount of times I would see a parent telling their kid to get the less expensive game due to finances or whatever the case was at the time. TT did a lot of things correct but they really messed up the franchise mode last year, and the year before if memory serves me, but yet when Madden has a glitch slip through the 2k fans come out of the word works and claim its because Madden and EA are lazy as a whole, but yet TT is given a chance to correct it, time and time again. I guess Im trying to say that its okay to prefer one game or the other, but nothing gets accomplished by people coming onto these boards and claiming things as fact, and the moment that someone disagrees, a argument insues.
I agree with what you're saying about TT getting the MLB license. But they only got the license AFTER Ea did what they did with regards the NFL. They needed it to stay in business, man.

I'd much rather be debating which has the better game this year (Madden 06 to NFL 2k6), but sadly it's not going to happen.

That's a shame.

BigBlue
Old 08-10-2005, 12:08 PM   #58
Captain Sarcastic

OVR: 6

Nice comments guys/(gals?). I would have been pissed if TT got the exlusive NFL licence. I like the competition. But after the NFL deal, the MLB deal is just retaliation and survial to me.

TT didn't start the fire .
Old 08-10-2005, 12:11 PM   #59

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue
I agree with what you're saying about TT getting the MLB license. But they only got the license AFTER Ea did what they did with regards the NFL. They needed it to stay in business, man.

I'd much rather be debating which has the better game this year (Madden 06 to NFL 2k6), but sadly it's not going to happen.

That's a shame.

BigBlue
I totally agree that innovation and competition is the name of the game but one cant excuse what TT did just because EA did it first can you? If TT was to make a new game this year and the entire NFL deal hadnt happened then I would be buying it as well as Madden, like I do every year, and enjoy each one for what it had to offer. I just get irritated at times seeing people rip into EA for the NFL deal but at the same time praising a company that did nearly the same thing with the MLB, but I suppose this discussion is for another time and another thread altogether. I do appreciate your response for not including any name calling and for keeping it civil, since it appears that there are times on this board where that is hard to come by.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:12 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
I really try to stay away from threads like this but I guess I couldnt help myself this time. I dont really care who approached who first in respects to the NFL deal, and Im sure if the shoe was on the other foot you people bashing EA for getting the deal certainly wouldnt be bashing TT for getting the same deal, in fact I dont hear anything from anyone here about TT getting the whole MLB deal either, sounds like a double standard to me. Before anyone tries to correct me like I dont know what Im talking about, I already know that the deal TT has allows competition, just not from third party companies, which oddly enough only includes EA and Midway and last I checked nobody was worried that Slugfest was going to overtake anyone in terms of sales and or profits. The 2k series did some things perfect for me, and Madden provides a different experience but fun also, but what I cant understand is the people that act as if they have hatred toward EA for getting the deal with the NFL but the company they praise did nearly the same thing with the MLB, and I might go out on a limb and say that TT really screwed up that whole deal anyways, they should have been the only provider of MLB games, because with the MLB series having grown over the last few years and having a pretty loyal following, their deal wont pay off in the end if you ask me. And my last point, EA was never concerned with TT to the extent people are claiming around here, the reason they sold so many copies is because of the price point they set for the game, I worked at a video game store at the time and I cant count the amount of times I would see a parent telling their kid to get the less expensive game due to finances or whatever the case was at the time. TT did a lot of things correct but they really messed up the franchise mode last year, and the year before if memory serves me, but yet when Madden has a glitch slip through the 2k fans come out of the word works and claim its because Madden and EA are lazy as a whole, but yet TT is given a chance to correct it, time and time again. I guess Im trying to say that its okay to prefer one game or the other, but nothing gets accomplished by people coming onto these boards and claiming things as fact, and the moment that someone disagrees, a argument insues.

First of all, TT bought the license in response to what ea had already done. Remember, ea didn't just stop at the nfl, they went after ncaa, afl, and the NBA. The big "what if TT had done the same thing" is irrelevant because they didn't.

If you aren't honest enough to admit that ea has pretty much put out the same game since 2000 with minimal to avg changes then, there isn't much point in going further. I can't convince you (nor would I try to) that ea has'nt done much in innovation until TT/VC came along and pretty much forced them to up their complacency. ea was very worried about TT, again, I cannot convince you of this, either you know it or you don't. In the end you suffer as much as the fans of TT/VC because you will be spending $50 plus on a game with minimal effort put in to creating it. Some people enjoy madden, there is nothing wrong with that, it wasn't/isn't a bad game. The problem is ea removed choice out of the picture, surely you can grasp that.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:13 PM   #61

The Chef's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxzone
Nice comments guys/(gals?). I would have been pissed if TT got the exlusive NFL licence. I like the competition. But after the NFL deal, the MLB deal is just retaliation and survial to me.

TT didn't start the fire .
Very true that EA started it by buying up the NFL rights but I still dont believe that the deal that TT got was really worth anything anyways, aside from getting rid of Slugfest and the MVP series they still have to contend with the MLB series and, crosses fingers, the High Heat series if Microsoft was to bring that franchise back, and in my eyes if Microsoft did just that, this entire deal with the MLB would really backfire on TT in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 12:22 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 2

I agree with noplace,

when you pay $50 for a game and you think you didn't get your money's worth, you've earned the right to diss that game if you want.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:27 PM   #63

The Chef's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
First of all, TT bought the license in response to what ea had already done. Remember, ea didn't just stop at the nfl, they went after ncaa, afl, and the NBA. The big "what if TT had done the same thing" is irrelevant because they didn't.

If you aren't honest enough to admit that ea has pretty much put out the same game since 2000 with minimal to avg changes then, there isn't much point in going further. I can't convince you (nor would I try to) that ea has'nt done much in innovation until TT/VC came along and pretty much forced them to up their complacency. ea was very worried about TT, again, I cannot convince you of this, either you know it or you don't. In the end you suffer as much as the fans of TT/VC because you will be spending $50 plus on a game with minimal effort put in to creating it. Some people enjoy madden, there is nothing wrong with that, it wasn't/isn't a bad game. The problem is ea removed choice out of the picture, surely you can grasp that.
See this is exactly the response I was afraid of getting. First off, unless I cant read correctly, I dont remember saying that this years game is some beautiful masterpiece and is far superior to any prior game of Madden therefor making it an entirely new game and at the same time making me virtually blind to reality. Furthermore, I dont even own the game yet, so I cant speak directly on how it plays or how its different from last year, but in no way did I make any mention that Madden has made great strides in their Madden game, in fact if you look up some recent postings Ive made I virtually agree with this very statement that you are making. I was only pointing out that the very thing people rip EA for doing is the same thing that TT did also, and to use your language, " surely you can grasp that ".

As to the comment that the entire point of what if TT had done the same thing in regards to the NFL being irrelevant, is the entire problem here. Whether or not you want to admit it, TT did this to gain market share, EA did this to gain market share as well, whether or not you, I or anyone else for that matter agrees with it makes no difference, in the end its the same thing. I still cant grasp the concept that if EA did it first then its alright for TT to follow suit because its merely payback, thats so rediculous its not even funny, the same people that say competition and choice is a good thing then turn around and say it serves them right because its payback time. If I was EA, in a position to really hurt my competition and therefor gain a bigger chunk of the playing field, I would do it in a heart beat also, as would TT, as evidenced by them going after the MLB license. I appreciate your opinion and your feedback, but just try not to put words in my mouth next time, that would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:43 PM   #64
Captain Sarcastic

OVR: 6

Quote:
See this is exactly the response I was afraid of getting. First off, unless I cant read correctly, I dont remember saying that this years game is some beautiful masterpiece and is far superior to any prior game of Madden therefor making it an entirely new game and at the same time making me virtually blind to reality. Furthermore, I dont even own the game yet, so I cant speak directly on how it plays or how its different from last year, but in no way did I make any mention that Madden has made great strides in their Madden game, in fact if you look up some recent postings Ive made I virtually agree with this very statement that you are making. I was only pointing out that the very thing people rip EA for doing is the same thing that TT did also, and to use your language, " surely you can grasp that ".

As to the comment that the entire point of what if TT had done the same thing in regards to the NFL being irrelevant, is the entire problem here. Whether or not you want to admit it, TT did this to gain market share, EA did this to gain market share as well, whether or not you, I or anyone else for that matter agrees with it makes no difference, in the end its the same thing. I still cant grasp the concept that if EA did it first then its alright for TT to follow suit because its merely payback, thats so rediculous its not even funny, the same people that say competition and choice is a good thing then turn around and say it serves them right because its payback time. If I was EA, in a position to really hurt my competition and therefor gain a bigger chunk of the playing field, I would do it in a heart beat also, as would TT, as evidenced by them going after the MLB license. I appreciate your opinion and your feedback, but just try not to put words in my mouth next time, that would be greatly appreciated.
You would make a great lawyer my friend, cause your ability to twist logic and ignore facts once they are laid out is admirable.

It was a survival tactic for TT to go for MLB. They just got squashed by ea regarding any football game.

Last edited by xxzone; 08-10-2005 at 12:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »