Home

Madden 2006 vs. NFL 2K6

This is a discussion on Madden 2006 vs. NFL 2K6 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2005, 01:12 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Madden 2006 vs. NFL 2K6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
See this is exactly the response I was afraid of getting. First off, unless I cant read correctly, I dont remember saying that this years game is some beautiful masterpiece and is far superior to any prior game of Madden therefor making it an entirely new game and at the same time making me virtually blind to reality. Furthermore, I dont even own the game yet, so I cant speak directly on how it plays or how its different from last year, but in no way did I make any mention that Madden has made great strides in their Madden game, in fact if you look up some recent postings Ive made I virtually agree with this very statement that you are making. I was only pointing out that the very thing people rip EA for doing is the same thing that TT did also, and to use your language, " surely you can grasp that ".

As to the comment that the entire point of what if TT had done the same thing in regards to the NFL being irrelevant, is the entire problem here. Whether or not you want to admit it, TT did this to gain market share, EA did this to gain market share as well, whether or not you, I or anyone else for that matter agrees with it makes no difference, in the end its the same thing. I still cant grasp the concept that if EA did it first then its alright for TT to follow suit because its merely payback, thats so rediculous its not even funny, the same people that say competition and choice is a good thing then turn around and say it serves them right because its payback time. If I was EA, in a position to really hurt my competition and therefor gain a bigger chunk of the playing field, I would do it in a heart beat also, as would TT, as evidenced by them going after the MLB license. I appreciate your opinion and your feedback, but just try not to put words in my mouth next time, that would be greatly appreciated.

Pimping, I am in no way trying to incite ignorant conversation concerning your topic. But surely you can see that what ea did was not to increase market share, what they did was an effort to corner the market and be the only game in town (that residually increases market share because now you become the market). You are attempting to blame TT by creating a scenerio that is just not reality. TT only bought the baseball license in response to what ea did, again, they are trying to survive in the business of video game sports. You convenietly neglected the fact that ea also bought the ncaa football license, the arena league license, and attempted to buy the nba license. That is an act of a entity trying to kill competition not hurt it. It is readily apparent and infact easy to grasp what TT did in light of this is very understandable.

The type of behavior ea exhibited should never be condoned in any business practice. ea should have won this battle on the merits of a superior game, not a superior bank account. To follow the logic of most madden fans, since ea had the money to do it (it being convincing the NFL to sell them the exclusive license, because that is what they did) even if it hurts consumers they should. Well, last I checked madden fans are consumers as well, you hurt yourselves by condoning this type of activity. If you can agree that competition is good, and that ea has effectively attempted to remove comp ( I say attempted because I believe that TT will make a great football next year) then what are you applauding ea for? I respect your opinion as well, because you are very fair in your responses to others. I in no way meant to put words in your mouth. I apologize for that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 01:19 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 13

Remember in 1996 when nfl gameday came out ea was like oh $hyt and didnt release on the playstation cause they knew their game was crap, samething here.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:28 PM   #67
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan21
Best ****ing article on this subject I have read. Not hating, just putting a finger on the pulse of serious gamers. Also, not trying to be a conspiracy nut or anything, but I would not be surprised to find out how many ea employees and others with ties has infiltrated some message boards and post comments that make most level gamers look at with confusion. Comments like, best madden yet, you just suck and need to practice more, you an sega fanboy etc. This is actually the second year in a row I will not be buying madden.
Please, please tell me you're kidding.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:34 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 5

man i'm just glad that ea got the nfl license and not visual concepts. i would hate to be playing nfl2k6 today with no other options.

if you want to get mad at someone, get mad at the nfl. they didn't have to sell exclusive rights to ea. the nba is letting everyone develop games.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:45 PM   #69
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW Rutledge
if you want to get mad at someone, get mad at the nfl. they didn't have to sell exclusive rights to ea. the nba is letting everyone develop games.
Very good point! All in all it blows whatever way you look at it. Keeping my hopes up for Next Gen. Madden and just bought Action Replay and will update the rosters for my 2K5.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:46 PM   #70
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW Rutledge
man i'm just glad that ea got the nfl license and not visual concepts. i would hate to be playing nfl2k6 today with no other options.

Yeah, thank goodness there is no exclusivity with basketball. These football boards are bastions of civility and decorum compared to the insanity that would exist if Live or NBA 2k got forced out. There'd be a locked thread and a banning every 5 minutes.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:50 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 1

Madden has so many more bugs this year than it ever has. For example, the qb sometimes facing the wrong way after the snap. Inexcusable. This alone is enough to prove that ea cares more about revenue than delivering a quality product.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 01:52 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

It would be nice if people had their facts right before opening their mouths...

T2 in no way, shape or form had a chance to buy the exclusivity rights to the NFL, when they weren't even in the sports game market yet..

T2 surfaced as the Marketing People for SEGA SPORTS last year. SEGA SPORTS was the entity that had the chance to bid on the exclusivity, not T2. T2 didn't come into the fold until after the deal was done.

EA for years has been trying 2 buy the exclusivity rights to the NFL. That never happened, because the NFLPA choose not to make that happen. Once the NFLPA chose to change their mind on exclusivity, was when the door was opened for this deal.

SEGA finacially just couldn't do it, leaving EA wide open to seal the deal. For people to continue to say T2 this & T2 that is total MIS-INFORMATION!!!!

As for T2 deal with MLB, what did you want them to do? They had jsut purchased VC for the purpose of getting into the sports game market & trying to be a competitor to EA. Wouldn't you do the same thing in a different sport genre if your main competition is talking about buying all the exclusivity rights for all sport games?

I believe EXCLUSIVITY definetly hurts the gaming community very much, but I also understand that sports gaming is a very lucrative business.

BFJ

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »