Home

When was the last time seven guys convergred on a deep post

This is a discussion on When was the last time seven guys convergred on a deep post within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2005, 10:20 AM   #25
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: When was the last time seven guys convergred on a deep post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdaddy
A) That's a good reason to not play him now

B and C just sounds like an excuse because you think he'll prove you wrong. Not trying to be a prick but it really does. People say he sucks and doesn't know how to play but NOBODY has accepted.

P.S. Even if people are at work doesn't mean they can't setup a time to play.
I don't see where admiting I'm not ready to take on a human opponent would prove me wrong. If I were to play him this very minute, I would probably stink it up bigtime because I haven't put in enough time learning how to play the game. That was the very point I was trying to make to Dawg.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 10:25 AM   #26
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgcityClev
Ok that's fine man. But if you're still trying to get familiar with it, why come after someone who is actually going to battle and seeing how things work? I'm telling you, I'm not great with this Precision thingy. I throw at least 4-5 per game. But I'm getting minimal 4 interceptions PER game online. I've learned how to get passes off though after playing more and more, but if the guy starts shading those DB's a bit, you are toast.

It's not so much as becoming a Precision passing genius, what I'm saying is the DB's are just far to untouchable. Even when you finally have one beaten, it's extremely hard to get the ball over his head. (especially if you let the computer leap for you)

Remember guys, you can snatch a money play, but it will only work for the short period of time he allows it. Once he recognizes your formation, you're toast. Best bet is to switch up the formation, but even this throws your own reads off, and cause more sacks I've noticed. It also has alot to do with WR's running slow routes.
This post makes a lot more sense than your earlier ones. For that reason, I'm going to apologize for my previous remarks.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:28 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
I don't see where admiting I'm not ready to take on a human opponent would prove me wrong. If I were to play him this very minute, I would probably stink it up bigtime because I haven't put in enough time learning how to play the game. That was the very point I was trying to make to Dawg.

Ok I can understand that. Still doesn't let the other guys off the hook who said he sucks though.

I wish they would have fixed the Mario running and added a bunch more gang tackling animations instead of messing with the passing game.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:29 AM   #28
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

Come on man, if you're throwing at least 4 INT's per game and sometimes 10 or more, make some better throws. It's that simple. Work something underneath or hit a back out of the backfield. Are you throwing INT's on all routes or just the longer ones? If you're just jacking balls into coverage, you should get picked.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:36 AM   #29
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdaddy
Ok I can understand that. Still doesn't let the other guys off the hook who said he sucks though.

I wish they would have fixed the Mario running and added a bunch more gang tackling animations instead of messing with the passing game.
Let me put this as gently as I can. If you look at Dawgs previous posts, you'll see that he hasn't exactly ingratiated himself with too many folks around here. That has a lot to do with the responses he got (mine included).

Another thing to consider - most of the folks on the board are Xbox guys, so they couldn't take him up on his challenge even if they wanted to.

Last edited by coogrfan; 08-10-2005 at 10:43 AM.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:37 AM   #30
Pro

OVR: 5

I have to agree that I actually don't find it that hard. I actually thought the passing was a lot easier than it used to be..
Old 08-10-2005, 10:43 AM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou23
Come on man, if you're throwing at least 4 INT's per game and sometimes 10 or more, make some better throws. It's that simple. Work something underneath or hit a back out of the backfield. Are you throwing INT's on all routes or just the longer ones? If you're just jacking balls into coverage, you should get picked.
Before you go throwing around your genius, pay attention. I never stated I throw deep all game long. You're another one who hasn't posted a name. All I'm reading are Einsteins telling me how to pass the ball, yet not indicating why I'm GETTING so many interceptions per game? No one is reading, you're just attacking.

Possibly I could be great defensively, and just suck on offense? I have admitted I'm not the greatest passer. I've always been a heck of a runner on Madden, and not with QB's. The running game isn't as strong this year as people indicated, because defenders are breaking blocks much faster. Mizzou23, you can take Coogarts place if you want. Since you're Oh so great at passing. Let's see if you can get 200 yds passing against me then.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 10:48 AM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Let me put this as gently as I can. If you look at Dawgs previous posts, you'll see that he hasn't exactly ingratiated himself with too many folks around here. That has a lot to do with the responses he got (mine included).

Another thing to consider - most of the folks on the board are Xbox guys, so they couldn't take him up on his challenge even if they wanted to.

LOL, I didn't know about his post history. Yeah I've noticed a lot of xbox guys here, I'm one myself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »