Home

Vision Tips - Post Em Here.....

This is a discussion on Vision Tips - Post Em Here..... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2005, 08:35 AM   #25
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Vision Tips - Post Em Here.....

That's my only problem too. I'll be hitting the button and the QB won't throw. Needless to say it's because I ever so lightly am hitting the R trigger... GRRRRR. For me, it's because I have a wireless controller that's REALLY sensitive. If you even touch it a little, it recognizes it. I love my wireless controller though... wouldn't trade it for anything. Best money I've ever spent... GO LOGITECH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
I'm starting to get the hang of the vision cone and "looking off defenders" to help your target get more open. It's more difficult but its getting less mechanical feeling and smoother.

My only problem has been accidentally barely holding the R trigger and trying to pass to a receiver, all it's doing is keeping the same lock on the receiver I have or pump faking lol. But I'm getting there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2005, 08:41 AM   #26
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Watch what the safeties are doing. I've really found that the key to the deeper pass plays both over the middle or on the streaks.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:53 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 12

Passing is no joke on the all madden difficulty level. I'm very conservative right now on offense because passing downfield is nonexistent for the most part for me right now. I run and throw very short passes, thats it. I try to just manage the game ala Trent Dilfer with the Ravens. I'm trying not to lose the game by throwing int's and putting the D in a bad spot. If you can pass successfully on all madden difficulty you are the man plain and simple.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:42 PM   #28
G*t'ch* G*m* *p!

Tilted Brim's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS-One
My problem isn't that the cone is too hard, I'm finding that it's too easy.

I play on All-Pro with the slider set in the Madden NFL Sliders forum.

Kyle Boller
13/35
346 yards
2 TD
1 INT
80.6 Rating
45%

Now...some of that has to do with the Colts DB's sucking hard...but other than that there's no way I should be able to throw for 346 yards on only 13 completions.
Try All Madden...........
Old 08-13-2005, 12:47 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 3

If the cone size is small - use R trigger

If the cone size is medium to big - use R analog.

There is no reason to use R trigger when playing w/ Trent Green or Brett Favre. Use the damn R analog if you want to be good.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:21 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 12

Very well said mavs.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:25 PM   #31
GOAT

dales's Arena

OVR: 11

I don't know if this has been said yet but it's helped me a lot:

don't move your QB around. Let the computer do it for you. That way all you have to concentrate on is looking downfield and throwing to your receivers. This has helped me increase my accuracy and take less sacks. It's amazing how many times I've watched a replay and seen my QB throwing the ball just after he completes his 3- or 5- step drop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2005, 02:10 PM   #32
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm using the receiver "lock-on" method. It works well with the smaller-coned QBs, like Eli. I read the defense and pick out a 1st and 2nd option. I usually focus on my second option, pre-snap, so I don't give away my first choice. Snap the ball and let CPU do the dropback for me. If the first option is good, I'll lock-on and fire. If not, I can stay with the second or dump it off. I love the vision cone.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »