Home

Wow, this game is actually good

This is a discussion on Wow, this game is actually good within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2005, 06:49 PM   #1
Erv
MVP

OVR: 10
Wow, this game is actually good

After madden 2005 and ncaa 2006, I questioned using ANY money on this game. But after a couple of games online/one game offline I have to say I'm impressed.

The main thing is that you can tell the game has nice balance, especially compared to the above titles. You see int's, stuffs, breakaway runs, bombs basically everything is in but nothing is overly dominant. The little additons like the fake snap trickery, o-line shifts and playmaker audibles are important and overlooked. It also is nice to see scramblers crumble to their knees online. Makes the experience that more relaxing.

Of course EA still could of done MUCH more with the engine, but this game SHOULD hold me over until the unliscensed titles drop next year.

There is a SLEW of button assignments. I'm trying to work on the qb playmaker, because it seems more necessary this year yet is harder to access. However throwing the ball away seems to be easier now that it's L.

I have a couple of questions:

how do you check fatigue online?
how do you assign your punt/kick returner online?

Anyway, now there's more reason to dismiss the increasingly useless gaming press. These simcade users shown their true colors this year...there is NO way 05's better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 07:07 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Wow, this game is actually good

i am not sure what you have against ncaa 2006. it is the best football game i have ever played, pro or college.

i am enjoying madden 06 for the SS mode but overall i would say ncaa 2006 is the superior overall game ...
Old 08-10-2005, 07:15 PM   #3
Erv
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woeisme
i am not sure what you have against ncaa 2006. it is the best football game i have ever played, pro or college.

i am enjoying madden 06 for the SS mode but overall i would say ncaa 2006 is the superior overall game ...
well you can click my history and see my problems with it. I'm not going to discuss that in detail in this forum however.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:19 PM   #4
Banned

Buckaholic's Arena

OVR: 5

I agree. I was thinking about not even getting this game, but I did and am enjoying it a lot so far. I like NCAA 06, but I messed with the sliders so much that I just ended up always getting frusturated. I'm just gonna play Madden out of the box the way it is so I can try and enjoy it.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:22 PM   #5
Rookie

ClassActFan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckaholic
I'm just gonna play Madden out of the box the way it is so I can try and enjoy it.
Same here, but I might try 1 or 2 sets of sliders, possibly 3. But if I don't like any of them, ill probably just play the game with default sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 08:39 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

NCAA 2006 is a much superior game.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:50 PM   #7
Pro

Shamrock_11's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erv
Of course EA still could of done MUCH more with the engine, but this game SHOULD hold me over until the unliscensed titles drop next year.
It's ok to admit it...you're feeling Madden this year. It won't kill you, I promise.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:13 PM   #8
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarblue1
NCAA 2006 is a much superior game.
LOL. Just throw that in here for arguments sake.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »