Home

New Passing Game Leads To...

This is a discussion on New Passing Game Leads To... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2005, 03:43 PM   #1
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
New Passing Game Leads To...

Has anyone else notice that this new passing cone feature it seems like the cpu holds on to the ball longer and actually gives the user a chance to use Dlinemen and get there in time. I just feel like the game is more realistic with this new cone feature, because it finally feels like if I dont get through the line and get held up, I can keep trying and still have a shot at a sack, where as in previous years if you didnt have a clean hole to come through forget it the qb released the ball in 1 second. Anyone else agree?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2005, 03:45 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: New Passing Game Leads To...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Has anyone else notice that this new passing cone feature it seems like the cpu holds on to the ball longer and actually gives the user a chance to use Dlinemen and get there in time. I just feel like the game is more realistic with this new cone feature, because it finally feels like if I dont get through the line and get held up, I can keep trying and still have a shot at a sack, where as in previous years if you didnt have a clean hole to come through forget it the qb released the ball in 1 second. Anyone else agree?
Yeah the CPU does hold it longer.....sometimes too long. It does allow for better sacks and a more satisfying feeling that your defense is actually WORKING!
Old 08-11-2005, 03:46 PM   #3
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30

Yeah i was thinkin the same thing.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:51 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Yes, so it's not just me that noticed this...

Peyton Manning held onto the ball 5 seconds thrice (yes, thrice) against me.

The first time it was a Playaction, Deion Sanders was blitzing (I was controlling him) and I tackled the HB because you know...it was a good play fake. But anyway, Deion fell down and got trampled on by like 87 lineman, stood up, ran 10 yards and sacked Manning.

The second time, Anthony Weaver (who I was also controlling) got pancaked, stood up, sprinted down and around the RT and sacked him.

The third time, the same thing happened, only this time with Terrell Suggs.

"Excuse me, but Hiphop these days, it don't enthuse me"

---Chino XL
Old 08-11-2005, 10:58 PM   #5
R**k**

whosgotcha's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Yeah. It does make it more realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2005, 11:01 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Yeah, the CPU definitely holds the ball longer, and as was mentioned sometimes too long (resulting in a bunch of sacks). But it does seem that "Robo-QB" has finally been terminated with the vision cone.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:49 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

Yep, I noticed that the CPU also holds onto the ball longer and I really like that sicne as stated, it lets you actually get some really good pressure with your D and gives the feeling the player controlled D is not useless.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:15 AM   #8
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Yeah I like the fact that the cpu holds th ball longer as well. But I also find that my cpu controllled d-lineman rarely get pressure or sacks. When I get sacks it's usually because of the player I was controlling. Nothing to complain about really though, just an observation. The cpu holding the ball longer definitely makes up for it.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »